PDA

View Full Version : Source: Bruce Willis Left 'Expendables 3' Over $1 Million-a-Day Fee Demand

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
by Kim Masters - The Hollywood Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/fhVM3PO.jpg

Sylvester Stallone let the world know Tuesday that Bruce Willis was out of the upcoming The Expendables 3 for being "greedy and lazy," and it seems that laziness was not the primary issue.

Stallone raised eyebrows in Hollywood by tweeting "WILLIS OUT . . . HARRISON FORD IN!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!," then following up with a second tweet reading "GREEDY AND LAZY . . . A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE."

A source with knowledge of the situation says the fallout was over a specific money demand. Willis was offered $3 million for four days of consecutive work on location in Bulgaria for the film. "He said he'd drop out unless he got $4 million," this source close to the production says. "A million dollars a day. Stallone and everybody else involved said no."

Stallone then quickly reached out to Ford, who was game to join the Expendables cast.

The insider adds, "I think [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford — a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film."

Willis' reps at CAA declined to comment.

Willis most recently appeared in Red 2, which has grossed a disappointing $80 million worldwide. Before that, February's A Good Day to Die Hard grossed $305 million. He also had an extended cameo in March's GI Joe: Retaliation, which grossed $372 million.

The next installment of The Expendables, with a budget of more than $90 million, is set for release next August by Millenium Films. In addition to Stallone and Ford, the cast includes Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke and Wesley Snipes.

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I bet Willis wishes he took the job now that Ford's in it. I bet everybody currently involved in the film is shitting their pants with excitement. Who wouldn't want to work with Han Solo/Indiana Jones?

Hal-9000
08-08-2013, 03:45 PM
3 million for 4 'consecutive' days of work...erm...I mean acting...and he turned it down?

what was it, 7 lines? :lol:

Goofy
08-08-2013, 06:08 PM
3 million for 4 'consecutive' days of work...erm...I mean acting...and he turned it down?

what was it, 7 lines? :lol:

Makes you sick doesn't it :sad2:

Hal-9000
08-08-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm trying to finance a 23000 dollar car and will need over two years to pay it off :lol:

yes, yes it does

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm trying to finance a 23000 dollar car and will need over two years to pay it off :lol:

yes, yes it does

2 years? :-s

Must be nice to be rich :hand:

Hal-9000
08-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm going to give them my car plus about 8 grand....so that's 10 or 11 thousand before financing :(

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2013, 10:50 PM
:-s

They're gonna give you $2-3K for an old Pontiac? You might get $200 down here for that.

Hal-9000
08-08-2013, 10:58 PM
:-s

They're gonna give you $2-3K for an old Pontiac? You might get $200 down here for that.

I was amazed too...my car is loaded (for the time) intermittent wipers, fog lights, 6 speaker stereo, electric driver's seat etc

some examples of the same car being sold in Canada...from 8 grand down to about 2 :lol:

I'm gonna try anyways...

http://www.canadianblackbook.com/used-cars/vehicle/search/ma/Pontiac/mo/Grand%20Prix/yf/2003/yt/2003/s/price/o/desc/p/1/r/10/

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Get the hell outta here. :lol:

Hal-9000
08-08-2013, 11:04 PM
legitimate ads from car dealers as well as private sales...wtf don't you understand :lol:

and quit harshing my buzz man, I need to get 2000 from the Grand Amborghini :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2013, 11:19 PM
It's a Pontiac, man. The company doesn't exist anymore. I guess if it's in perfect condition, then maybe it could be resold or scrapped for parts for the enthusiasts that like restoring cars. But if it was in perfect condition, you wouldn't be in the market for a new car.

That first car has approximately 63,000 miles on its odometer. Who knows what else might be wrong with it, what kind of shape its really in, and what kind of money you'd have to sink into it for parts and maintenance? I'd ask for a Carfax. I don't know, man. I guess if I was in dire straights and had no other option, but I wouldn't pay $8000 for a ten year old car.

Hal-9000
08-08-2013, 11:22 PM
I can only arm myself with info about what my make and year are going for right now second hand :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Second-hand in great condition, presumably. I don't want to bring you down, but I don't think a dealership is gonna give you $2-3K for your car. Just because they'll sell the same car (that's in great condition, again presumably) for a certain price, that doesn't mean they're gonna give you that kind of money for it in a trade-in. They're gonna try to make a profit off of it, however they can for as much money as they can get. Be prepared to get low-balled.

Hal-9000
08-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Second-hand in great condition, presumably. I don't want to bring you down, but I don't think a dealership is gonna give you $2-3K for your car. Just because they'll sell the same car (that's in great condition, again presumably) for a certain price, that doesn't mean they're gonna give you that kind of money for it in a trade-in. They're gonna try to make a profit off of it, however they can for as much money as they can get. Be prepared to get low-balled.

umm yes, I kinda understand that already...I have bought cars in my life both new and used :lol:

They sell compatible at 3000, 4000 and 5000, I tell them I want 2500 and settle for 2000...and how would you know how much my car is worth never having been in it? If a used car lot can list one at almost 8 grand and I have the same trim level....things are possible. I'm looking for 2000 for it and know how to challenge car dealers when they spin their web of lies :lol:

example - last car I traded for this one was a 93 Sunbird. It was falling apart, front end was bad and the passenger door was dented. I saw the dealer 3 times and on the last day before signing the agreed upon deal (I paid cash), I informed him that I had a trade in! :lol: he was pissed....but they had to honor the offer. They took about 15 minutes and gave me 1000 for it. Keep in mind they didn't get a chance to jack up my cost, we had already settled it for the new car.

My car is completely mechanically sound...coincidentally, just got complimented on it this morning when I took it Mr Lube for an oil change. I've only got 130000 kms on it, which is 13000 per year. Most Canadians put 100000 kms on their cars in 5 or 6 years...

Hal-9000
08-09-2013, 10:56 PM
This is my play if I buy a Honda DGX, you're a numbers guy so you should appreciate this...(I have a folder for 4 types of cars I'm interested in right now)

The 2014's will be out this fall, I'm going to deal on a 2013 in September which I know they want to move off their lots.
I have a Honda dealer a block from my house, I also have one a block from work. The one by work has a better reputation, bigger selection etc.
I've taken the offers from the lot by my house and printed them. I'm going to take them to the other Honda dealer.

If the sales guy asks, I'm going to tell him I'm not sure if I'm going to trade my car...it's nice, reliable, wonderful, BS, BS, BS...and my sister may want it :lol:

I'm going to tell him this if I like the Civic. On the Canadian site the LX comes in at over 24000 with GST (5% tax).

My offer - I want to pay 20000 + GST for the new Civic, with an extended warranty. And floor mats and touch up paint. And free lifetime oil and filter changes at their dealership. (they offer this anyway)

2000 for a trade in, 8000 cash, 10000 financing.

The guy may bite on some of it because I'm paying cash, I'll be financing through them and I have a car....3 pronged customer so to speak. He'll know I want some sort of extended warranty, so that's attractive to them as well. He will know that I won't pay their listed price however, when I extoll the virtues of Hyundai, Ford and Chevy and 'all of the incentives they offer'.

I'll remind him that his 2013's have been on the lot for a year, how Hyundai in Canada is almost equal in sales and I'll show him the other dealer's offers. Twice in the past when I've bought a car at a dealership, I've brought in newspaper ads from competing dealers. My Grand Am was listed at 24500 in 2003, I got it for 18000 even, with an extended warranty because I showed the guy an ad from another dealer listing it at 16500.

I've already drank the Honda koolaid about reliability and if I'm comfortable in it, I'll be driving one around September 15th. I'll let him know this as well. I'll also tell him I don't like the dash layout and wanted something with a little more power like a Ford Focus or Mazda 3...

So we're going to haggle in a 4000 dollar buffer zone and I'm secretly ready to pay 22500 all in for one with a 7 year warranty. For my last coup de grace they offer winter tires and winter tires on rims. Their combo package is 998 for steel rims and Michelin X-Ice-3 tires, which are supposed to be quite good. I'll tell him that I'll commit to a full winter tire package from his dealership, before December. I would be buying winter tires for the car anyway, so I don't really care where I get them from.

DemonGeminiX
08-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Haven't you told me that you were having problems with several things with your car? Electrical stuff and such? Dealers usually check to see if everything is running the way it should when you go to trade it in. At least down here, they won't make an offer or entertain a demand for the amount considered on a trade-in until they inspect the car themselves, and if they find anything wrong, they'll drop the price on the trade-in hard and tell you to walk if you don't like it.

Hal-9000
08-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Haven't you told me that you were having problems with several things with your car? Electrical stuff and such? Dealers usually check to see if everything is running the way it should when you go to trade it in. At least down here, they won't make an offer or entertain a demand for the amount considered on a trade-in until they inspect the car themselves, and if they find anything wrong, they'll drop the price on the trade-in hard and tell you to walk if you don't like it.

The turning signals were intermittent, found a solution for that....the horn constantly sounds, so I pulled the fuse :lol: That's my Achilles's heel if he tries the horn. It's a contact on the steering wheel which causes it, but you have to get past an airbag to fix it.

On the plus side it has electric everything and all of it works. The paint is still pristine and it even has some jam if you drive it the right way. Curb appeal is almost 100%, nothing leaks or makes noise from the engine and I'm going to an auto detailer to get the interior shampooed, cleaned the day before I pitch it.

He may say 500 or 1000....in which case I'll decide on the spot if I'm going to trade. A brown guy at work wants it for his wife, but I'm leery of selling a 10 yr old car to a guy I see every day, should something break down when they have it. Would rather try my luck with a dealer and hope the 1/2 hour inspection goes well.

DemonGeminiX
08-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Oh, I was under the impression that your Grand Amborghini was falling apart, like you were afraid you were going to lose a wheel in traffic or something.

:lol:

Hal-9000
08-09-2013, 11:13 PM
you know the game...it's basically a set of scales where the dealer can plus or minus what he feels like on paper...

I go in fierce with my unreasonable 20000 offer (with extended) and he'll either laugh or deal :lol:

the other dealership has two coupons for 250 off after your deal is finalized, plus a wheel of fortune offer up to 5000 off the purchase price....

so in my mind, that's at least 1000 off his proposal right there...I don't know how they behave down there but up here, playing one dealer off another usually gets you discounts..

Hal-9000
08-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Oh, I was under the impression that your Grand Amborghini was falling apart, like you were afraid you were going to lose a wheel in traffic or something.

:lol:

maybe on September 16th :lol:

and fuck right off, don't say that :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-09-2013, 11:23 PM
you know the game...it's basically a set of scales where the dealer can plus or minus what he feels like on paper...

I go in fierce with my unreasonable 20000 offer (with extended) and he'll either laugh or deal :lol:

the other dealership has two coupons for 250 off after your deal is finalized, plus a wheel of fortune offer up to 5000 off the purchase price....

so in my mind, that's at least 1000 off his proposal right there...I don't know how they behave down there but up here, playing one dealer off another usually gets you discounts..

You could play dealers off of each other here, if you're close to multiple dealers of the same make. I have to drive an hour in every direction to get to any Honda dealership. It's a little bit easier now that they're doing internet sales and junk, but where I'm at, unless you're willing to drive 200+ miles, dealerships down here pretty much figure they've got you by the nuts. However, I would go to any length to pull a "Fuck You" on somebody who thought they got the drop on me, so I'd pretty much drive 5 hours to get to another dealership if I had to. I literally almost picked up a brand spanking new '08 Civic from Macon, GA (5 hours away) back in 2008, because the cats in Jacksonville, Brunswick, Waycross, and Savannah were pissing me off that bad. They wouldn't deal. I literally told one dealership's manager in Jacksonville to go fuck himself and got in my car and left him standing there with his jaw on the dealership lot, the arrogant prick.

maybe on September 16th :lol:

and fuck right off, don't say that :lol:

Hahahaha... :lol:

Hal-9000
08-09-2013, 11:26 PM
that's it...show them that you shop around and the net has a lot of info :thumbsup:

we have two Honda dealers outside of town and I've read that both of them do good business because of deals and the way they treat you...

reminds me of a story about one guy trying to walk out of a dealership and the sales rep " PUT HIS HAND ON MY SHOULDER!!! " :x

the dude hates to be touched I guess :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-09-2013, 11:31 PM
If I was trying to leave and a sales rep put his hand on my shoulder, I'd uppercut him in the nuts.

Richard Cranium
08-10-2013, 12:49 AM
The guy may bite on some of it because I'm paying cash, I'll be financing through them and I have a car....

They make more money on financing than the sale, you'll get less discount with cash. Dont tell him anything about cash beyond whatever the minimum down payment could be, cut the deal then show up with cash, after they have that much time invested and a buyer about to walk they'll reluctantly do it your way.

Hal-9000
08-10-2013, 06:36 PM
thanks guys

deebakes
08-10-2013, 07:05 PM
bruce willis sucks :hand: