PDA

View Full Version : Weiner Sets Record Unfavorable Rating in Siena Poll

Teh One Who Knocks
08-13-2013, 10:48 AM
By Dan Weil - Newsmax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPXKYS6YTiY

New York City Democratic mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner has set an all-time Siena college poll record for unfavorability, with a rating of 80 percent.

Even 77 percent of Democrats have an unfavorable view of the former congressman, according to the survey of 814 registered New York State voters taken Aug. 4-7. Only 11 percent of voters have a favorable view of Weiner.

Weiner, who is married, has tarnished his reputation by sending risqué messages to women, even after he resigned from Congress over the scandal in 2011.

Meanwhile, 68 percent of voters, including 62 percent of those in New York City, are embarrassed by the national attention for the candidacies of Weiner and the Big Apple's Democratic comptroller candidate Eliot Spitzer.

Spitzer resigned as governor of New York in 2008 amid a prostitution scandal.

On the campaign trail, Weiner launched his first TV ad of the campaign Sunday, saying he's fighting the good fight against "powerful voices."

"I’ve waged a campaign focused like a laser beam on fighting for the middle class and those struggling to make it," Weiner says in the ad. "I've put out two books of new ideas, . . . everything from restoring discipline in our schools to creating a single payer health care plan for our city."

But then there are those nasty opponents, Weiner says. "Look, powerful voices have made it clear from the very beginning that they didn’t want me to win," he states.

"But this isn’t about what they want. They've gotten their way for far too long. "If you give me the chance, I will fight for you and your family every single day."

That ad may not be Weiner's only TV project. The New York Post reports that MTV filmmaker Josh Kriegman, Weiner’s former congressional district director, is shooting video of the candidate's campaign for a possible documentary.

Kriegman often rides with Weiner, and the former congressman has been carrying a microphone in his back pocket for weeks. "He [Kriegman] appears to be with [Weiner] all the time. He’s been at retail stops, street fairs, forums. I bet he has amazing footage from the past couple months," someone who is often at multi-candidate events told the Post.

The Weiner campaign told the paper only that the footage won't go into a TV commercial.