PDA

View Full Version : Christian Bale Offered $50 Million for Batman As Orlando Bloom Lurks

Teh One Who Knocks
08-15-2013, 11:41 AM
by Michael West - Contact Music

http://i.imgur.com/Y0QJlKG.jpg

Christian Bale has reportedly been offered $50 million to reprise his role as Batman in the upcoming Justice League movie, as well as Man of Steel 2 which pits the Caped Crusader against Henry Cavill's Superman.

Warner Bros has begun principal production on a Justice League movie, which features Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern uniting to fight evil powers.

Bale played Batman in Christopher Nolan's acclaimed Dark Knight trilogy though speaking to Entertainment Weekly earlier this year, the Oscar winner confirmed he would be hanging up the cape.

"We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three. That's enough. Let's not get greedy," he said. "Chris always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying 'We're about to make the third.' We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well."

The remarks led commentators to begin speculating on Bale's replacement for the Justice League film and Man of Steel sequel, though it seems producers are dangling a carrot to retain the services of the star.

A new eBook, Beyond Batman: The Unauthorised True Story of Christian Bale and His Dark Knight Dilemma by Vincent Russel, has quoted a source from Legendary Pictures saying the studio is determined to get Bale on board.

"Why would Christian Bale walk away from what is certainly going to be either the first or second highest grossing movie in the history of cinema?" said the insider, "He could probably make 50 million dollars for being in the movie 20 minutes. And it would be worth every penny to the studio."

US blog Latino Review - famous for its movie scoops - suggested in March that Bale would return as Batman in Justice League with Nolan overseeing the project in the same way that he did on Man of Steel, however, the actor said he was not aware of any deal.

"I have no information, no knowledge about anything," he said. "I've literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that's it."

However, things appear to have changed since then, and Russel said "Sources close to Christian Bale have reportedly begun expressing their suspicions that Bale now views the Batman films in the same light that Robert Downey Jr views the Iron Man films." In other words, he's in for the long haul.

The whole thing is muddied by reports suggesting Warner Bros are eying the Australian actor Orlando Bloom for the part of Batman. A senior source at the studio confirmed to Britain's Daily Express, "Orlando looks odds-on to get the part even before our first casting call.He would be perfect to play off Henry [Cavill] and I think US audiences would be happy with two Brits as the joint male leads."

His odds to play Caped Crusader consequently tumbled, with early favorites Ryan Gosling and Michael Fassbender drifting out in the betting.

Meanwhile, Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston - who has become a global star thanks to the AMC drama series - says he would be interested in playing Superman's nemesis Lex Luthor in Man of Steel 2. He told The Metro, "I like Lex Luthor.I think he's misunderstood. He's a loveable, sweet man."

At this moment in time, the distinction between Man of Steel 2 and the Justice League movie is blurred, however, let's just count our lucky stars that the likes of Henry Cavill and Christian Bale are being bandied around. A Batman vs Superman movie was in the works in the early 2000s with Jude Law and Josh Hartnett attached. Jesus.

DemonGeminiX
08-15-2013, 11:47 AM
I love Bryan Cranston, but I can't see him as Lex Luthor. I can't really see any one as Luther except Gene Hackman, although I didn't think Kevin Spacey was all that bad. I just hope they do more with Luthor then just make him a psychotic real estate prospector.

Now as far as Bale returning wearing the cape in a Justice League and Man of Steel sequel goes, I'd love for it to happen, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

deebakes
08-15-2013, 02:18 PM
it is ultimately his choice, but he seems like a good fit and young enough to pull off the role in a few more films :shrug:

Hal-9000
08-15-2013, 03:44 PM
I think Cranston would make an awesome Lex :thumbsup:

and Bale isn't bad as Batman, with the exception of that stupid voice :lol: Let's face it, past Batmans have been pretty one dimensional...sad, brooding millionaire recluse

DemonGeminiX
08-15-2013, 03:50 PM
and Bale isn't bad as Batman, with the exception of that stupid voice :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_113060&feature=iv&src_vid=iaM_tYWBdyU&v=Ymc1CQrKuBI

Muddy
08-15-2013, 05:19 PM
I like the voice.. It's a disguise!

Muddy
08-15-2013, 05:20 PM
So tell me.. Who was the real star? Ledger or Bale?

DemonGeminiX
08-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Who's not the star? You have Bale, Ledger, Neeson, Hardy, Caine, Freeman, Oldman, etc etc etc...

Muddy
08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
true true..

Hal-9000
08-15-2013, 06:27 PM
I like the voice.. It's a disguise!

Like Clark Kent's glasses :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-15-2013, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcackzHbBT0

Hal-9000
08-15-2013, 06:35 PM
:lol:

we had a young brown guy here who did Batman and he used to leave us phone messages....cracked me up every time

deebakes
08-15-2013, 06:37 PM
:shock:

:racist:

Hal-9000
08-15-2013, 06:53 PM
:hand:

brown and white are acceptable terms in our building

*the brown guys started the division of races here calling my coffee, " White guy coffee"