PDA

View Full Version : Newtown Gun Permit Requests On Track To Double Last Year

Richard Cranium
08-16-2013, 02:24 AM
Im not suprised,

The New Daily News reports Newtown, Connecticut, gun permit requests are on track to double the number of requests police received last year.

171 permit requests were filed throughout the entirety of last year. Yet already, less than nine months into 2013, police have received "211 gun permit applications."

MD Shooting Sports co-owner Mike DeLuca said he has "seen an uptick of customers seeking permit applications" in nearby Monroe as well. He said those seeking permits range "in age from 21 to 83" and share the view that the government is "trying to take their guns away from them."

Gun control advocates say the surge in this year's numbers is being misreported. Many say that instead of representing new gun owners, "the [majority] of the permit applications were taken out by gun lovers who wanted to stock up before Connecticut passed strict new gun laws in April."

Richard Cranium
08-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Newtown Grandmother Fears Gun Control Makes Her Less Safe

As gun permit requests in Newtown, Connecticut skyrocket, one "soon-to-be gun-toting grandma" is worried about the consequences of gun control.

The New York Daily News reports 66-year old Nancy Ellis is concerned that her right to keep and bear arms may be in jeopardy: "The fact that they were reeling in and squeezing more laws made me think, 'You know what? I want my gun permit. I want to exercise my right.'"

As Breitbart News has pointed out, gun control hurts women especially. And Ellis says "she wants a gun to protect herself."

Ellis asked what she's supposed to do if unarmed and faced with an intruder? "What am I going to do? Throw water at him? Get a knife? Go get a pair of scissors? When he has a gun potentially?"

Although Piers Morgan does not "want to see all the women in America armed with guns," Ellis is getting one because she refuses to be a victim.

Muddy
08-16-2013, 02:35 AM
What is newtown?

deebakes
08-16-2013, 03:00 AM
What is newtown?

http://i40.tinypic.com/apjlgi.jpg

Richard Cranium
08-16-2013, 03:01 AM
Do you remember the 20 kindergarten kids that got killed?

KevinD
08-16-2013, 03:24 AM
Or did they? Hmmmm?

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Yes they did, and the conspiracy theory section is in its own subsection of this subforum. If we start arguing about this, that's exactly where this thread will be headed.

Muddy
08-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Do you remember the 20 kindergarten kids that got killed?

I thought that was Sandy Hook?

deebakes
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM
that was the name of the school in newtown pops...

RBP
08-16-2013, 11:37 AM
I thought that was Sandy Hook?

:dunce:

Muddy
08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Sorry.. I have cut my TV time to almost Nil here recently.. The details escape me..

KevinD
08-17-2013, 02:02 AM
Yes they did, and the conspiracy theory section is in its own subsection of this subforum. If we start arguing about this, that's exactly where this thread will be headed.

Oh c'mon, I liked your original post better, :lol:

I wasn't making fun of what happened, but rather at those who say it didn't. Was some strange stuff, but I prefer to get my conspiracy stuff from abovetopsecret. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Which original? I edited it like 5 times. I distinctly remember saying in one of them that Sertes wasn't here and I didn't like the idea of anybody taking his place.

:lol:

KevinD
08-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Pretty much that one. I got giggles reading it. :lol: