View Full Version : 'Euthanize him and donate the non- retarded body parts': Shocking hate letter written to autistic 13-year-old's family after they let him play outside

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
By Daily Mail Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/g14zlP5.jpg

A Canadian family are reeling after a stranger sent them a letter telling them to euthanize their severely autistic son.

During the summer, 13-year-old Max Begley spends his mornings with his grandmother Brenda Millson in Newcastle.

She says she was shaking after receiving a letter Friday from an anonymous neighbor complaining that the noise Max makes outside is 'DREADFUL!' and that it 'scares the hell out of my normal children!' Mrs Millson shared the whole letter with CityNewsToronto.

Signed off 'one pissed off mother' the woman goes on to say that the noises Max makes are not appropriate for the neighborhood.

'Crying babies, music and even barking dogs are normal sounds in a residential neighborhood! He is not!'

The woman's deranged letter goes beyond the offensive noise complaint into even more repugnant territory, writing that Max is a 'hindrance'.

'Who the hell is going to care for him? No employer will ever hire him, no normal girl is going to marry/love him and you are not going to live forever!'

Then she recommends something truly atrocious.

'Personally, they should take whatever non retarded body parts he possesses and donate it to science. What the hell else good is he to anyone!'

'Do the right thing and move or euthanize him! Either way, we are ALL better off.'

'Who says that about a child?' Max's mother Karla Begley asked City News.

She started to cry as she explained that her secondary progressive multiple sclerosis keeps her from walking and running with her son.

http://i.imgur.com/eOZeeSr.png

Since learning about the letter, neighbors of Max's grandmother have come out in a public display of support for the boy in an attempt to out the letter's author.

Max's father is worried that the letter might lead to violence against his son.

'A person that's that crazy or demented who would fabricate something like that...it leads me to believe that they're very dangerous,' Jim Begley said, 'and right now I'm scared for my son's safety.

If the writer is identified, Max's family plans to press charges.

Goofy
08-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow........ there really are some complete fucking wankers in this world :|

Muddy
08-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I could understand her being shocked if the kid was a drooling pile of retarded mess.. I myself have felt very awkward in a restaurant when someones retarded child was beyond their control.. My friend Dave has actually seen a retarded young adult attack another person down in some caverns one day.. All the while the handicapped kids mother could do was say "Johnny, now Johnny, stop that".. But this kid looks far from the descriptive terms she used in her letter..

deebakes
08-20-2013, 01:42 PM
:shock:

Richard Cranium
08-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Canadians....

Noilly Pratt
08-20-2013, 03:20 PM
@ Rich :troll:

@ the letter writer :beatdown:

Hal-9000
08-20-2013, 04:21 PM
By her logic I should go euthanize every dog in my neighborhood, every loud child (up to 19 yrs old) and disable every loud car that goes by...

I hope that cowardly bitch's children develop a medical problem that's beyond her control...and I've never wished that on anyone's kid :|

the parents of the boy have a rough time of it already without that shit

Muddy
08-20-2013, 05:20 PM
the parents of the boy have a rough time of it already without that shit

:qft:

minz
08-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Can we please quit using the word retarded, these kids have learning difficulties or special needs if you prefer but is an awful derogatory expression! My Son has mild Autism as do I and if anyone muttered that word in front of me they would hit the floor before they could even blink.

Muddy
08-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Can we please quit using the word retarded, these kids have learning difficulties or special needs if you prefer but is an awful derogatory expression! My Son has mild Autism as do I and if anyone muttered that word in front of me they would hit the floor before they could even blink.

It is short for retardation. It's a valid medical condition. Should it be used to insult others? No.. Is it still a valid medical term? Yes, according to everything I have read.

minz
08-20-2013, 07:22 PM
It is short for retardation. It's a valid medical condition. Should it be used to insult others? No.. Is it still a valid medical term? Yes, according to everything I have read.

That may be the case but it's generally used in a derogatory term, the word paki is a shotened version of pakistan but it not acceptable to call someone that, I don't see an awful lot of difference between the two.

Muddy
08-20-2013, 07:24 PM
That may be the case but it's generally used in a derogatory term, the word paki is a shotened version of pakistan but it not acceptable to call someone that, I don't see an awful lot of difference between the two.

It's all in the context..

minz
08-20-2013, 07:25 PM
It's all in the context..

Agreed, here it's not a word we use other than for insults which is why I find it upsetting, so can we not use it, I did say please? :)

Muddy
08-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Your wish is my command.

minz
08-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Your wish is my command.

Thanks sweetie :hug:

Muddy
08-20-2013, 08:26 PM
No problem at all.

Hal-9000
08-20-2013, 09:20 PM
In my murky past, I helped a group in the city with disabled/challenged kids....the word retard irks me too and always has. It's become so prevalent on the internet that now I just feel sorry for the person using it, when they imply someone is stupid or has made a mistake. This isn't directed at Muddy at all....moreso the people on Youtube etc.

Most of the kids I met were anything but stupid and they were some of the happiest people in the world.

Hal-9000
08-20-2013, 09:24 PM
I often think that people with Autism, Down's Syndrome etc use a different part of their brain in some wonderful way we haven't been able to recognize yet. Yes they lose some of the 'normal' motor skills and behavior patterns, but I would like to think there's something more going on within the person...

much like Idiot Savants...another label that's a little irritating

minz
08-20-2013, 09:36 PM
For me it's almost like ocd of the head :lol: I know that sounds a little silly but it makes perfect sense to my stangly wired head, my nephew has a more advanced form of Autism you can give him a 6 figue number x another 6 figure numer and he has the answer for you before you've even switched on your calculator. :lol: smart kid he took a GCSE maths paper at the age of 9 and gained an A.

Hal-9000
08-20-2013, 09:50 PM
the old term 'mentally retarded' is actually a somewhat apt description...retarded is a term meaning governed (regulated) or hindered

I probably have more mental quirks and habits than the kids I met :lol: