PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Manning: 'I Am Chelsea Manning. I Am Female'

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Tim Nudd - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/zRFEMR2.jpg

Bradley Manning, the U.S. soldier sentenced this week to 35 years in jail for leaking classified documents, said Thursday that he identifies as female, wants to be known as Chelsea Manning and would like to begin hormone therapy immediately.

"I am Chelsea Manning. I am female," the U.S. Army private said in a statement read on the Today show. "Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition."

Manning added: "I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back."

Manning's lawyer, David Coombs, said on Today that Manning waited until now to announce his transition so as not to overshadow his criminal case.

Manning's gender identity disorder has been well documented. At one point in his Army career, he confided his confusion over his gender to a supervisor in an email and attached a photo of himself dressed as a woman.

Coombs said Thursday that he hopes Fort Leavenworth will "do the right thing" and provide Manning with hormone therapy in prison, adding that he will fight for that right if his client is denied it.

Coombs said he did not know whether Manning also planned to seek sex reassignment surgery.

The ultimate goal of the gender change is not to be grouped with female inmates, Coombs added, but rather for Manning "to be comfortable in her own skin."

deebakes
08-22-2013, 02:04 PM
:facepalm:

KevinD
08-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Well, he's going to the right place to be somebody's bitch.

Muddy
08-22-2013, 03:41 PM
The US military hears your concerns and says "The Army doesn't provide hormone treatment or sex-reassignment surgery.".. :haha:

KevinD
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
"Don't ask, don't tell" wait, what? Whadda ya mean it's gone?

Muddy
08-22-2013, 04:03 PM
The worse fuckin thing you can do before going into prison is let everyone know you are a bitch... :smh:

deebakes
08-22-2013, 04:27 PM
let the rapings commence! :tup:

Hal-9000
08-22-2013, 04:55 PM
"The ultimate goal of the gender change is not to be grouped with female inmates............"

BULL + SHIT

Richard Cranium
08-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Lead story on gooooooogle news refers to this shitbag freak as "her" already..

Much better chance for the O'Bama pardon now that Mr. Manning has gone to :Hal'sHole:

Muddy
08-22-2013, 06:48 PM
I gave up on Hals hole.. I dont go in there any more.

Hal-9000
08-22-2013, 07:15 PM
I gave up on Hals hole.. I dont go in there any more.

thank you, the pain is lessening already :)