PDA

View Full Version : Richie Sambora Leaves Bon Jovi After 30 Years

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2013, 03:07 PM
By Allison Takeda - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/SWIiHw0.jpg

So much for being there forever and a day. After 30 years as lead guitarist for Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora has parted ways with the legendary rock band, a source confirms to Us Weekly. (RumorFix.com was first to report the split.)

"There were a lot of well-documented problems, so this was the best decision for now," the source tells Us. A rep for Bon Jovi had no comment.

Incidentally, Sambora, 54, has been absent from the group's ongoing Because We Can tour in recent months. "Due to personal issues, Richie Sambora will not be performing on this upcoming leg," a statement on the band's website read on April 3. "All shows will go on as scheduled."

The New Jersey native has been with Bon Jovi since the band's inception in 1983. In the 30 years since, the group has released 12 studio albums, three compilations, and two live albums. They've sold more than 130 million records worldwide and have performed in more than 50 countries all over the world. In 2009, Sambora and the band's namesake, Jon Bon Jovi, were inducted together into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

According to RumorFix, Sambora will still collect songwriting royalties and profits from merchandise.

Muddy
08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
A guitarist can always be replaced.. A singer, not so much.

Hal-9000
08-23-2013, 03:33 PM
does it really matter at this point?

those guys have millions, he's 54....sit at home and play Guitar Hero on the Xbox

perrhaps
08-23-2013, 07:18 PM

those guys have millions, he's 54....sit at home and play Guitar Hero on the Xbox

Should have never quit playing with Heather Locklear.

Goofy
08-23-2013, 09:27 PM

Not about the money - nothing can replace the buzz of walking out in front of thousands of fans and playing your chosen instrument........... i found that out after having a wank in the centre circle at Hampden Park :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
08-23-2013, 11:06 PM
A guitarist can always be replaced.. A singer, not so much.

Sambora made up half of the songwriting team of the band. You can't replace 30 years of defining their sound due to his songwriting style and skills.

And go tell Van Halen and Anthrax you can't replace a singer. Shit, go tell Van Halen you can replace a guitarist.

redred
08-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Or GnR , never the same without slash

Hal-9000
08-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Not about the money - nothing can replace the buzz of walking out in front of thousands of fans and playing your chosen instrument........... i found that out after having a wank in the centre circle at Hampden Park :thumbsup:

Bono had a great response to a question during an interview

interviewer - Do you still have an ego after playing to huge crowds in stadiums for over 20 years?
Bono - No, I enjoy singing anything that I've written, the venue isn't important.......as long as there's 20000 people in front of me at the time

:lol:

Muddy
08-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Sambora made up half of the songwriting team of the band. You can't replace 30 years of defining their sound due to his songwriting style and skills.

And go tell Van Halen and Anthrax you can't replace a singer. Shit, go tell Van Halen you can replace a guitarist.

Van halen couldnt replace a singer! Sammie Hagar sucked! Ol' gravel voice top forty crap.

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Van halen couldnt replace a singer! Sammie Hagar sucked! Ol' gravel voice top forty crap.

That's your opinion, and an opinion that agrees with a minority. The Hagar albums all went platinum, each at least 2X.

I know I own them. As far as I'm concerned, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge is one of the greatest shredder/rock guitar albums ever put out.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I too liked VH with Sammy Hagar, they had some great music. Now when they replaced Hagar with Gary Cherone on the other hand... :thumbsdown:

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah, Gary Cherone sucked.

Hal-9000
08-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I must be a purist...even when The Stones replaced Brian Jones and The Who replaced Keith Moon, I felt that the bands changed. Not that the 'newer' music was any worse, just not part of the original mix.

Zeppelin could have hired 50 drummers to replace Bonham and didn't, I respect them a great deal for not doing that.

Hal-9000
08-26-2013, 10:47 PM
and conversely I prayed for GnR to get rid of Asshole Rose...but if they did, it wouldn't really be GnR anymore :lol:

Muddy
08-26-2013, 10:58 PM
That's your opinion, and an opinion that agrees with a minority.

Not hardly.

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Not hardly.

:wah:

There's more people on this Earth that know that Eddie Van Halen is the marquee talent of the band, and that the vocals is just another instrument then there are those butt-hurt whiners pining for the old days with Dave. Find the right voice to fit in with the music and you're fine. Hagar fit in admirably and they've got multiple platinum records with Hagar in tow to prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6YJq6Wy9g

Hal-9000
08-26-2013, 11:18 PM
I saw VH when I was in grade 7.....Running With the Devil Tour

and Dave spent most of the time trying to look cool while he was preening his hair :lol:

Muddy
08-27-2013, 12:09 AM
:wah:

There's more people on this Earth that know that Eddie Van Halen is the marquee talent of the band, and that the vocals is just another instrument then there are those butt-hurt whiners pining for the old days with Dave. Find the right voice to fit in with the music and you're fine. Hagar fit in admirably and they've got multiple platinum records with Hagar in tow to prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6YJq6Wy9g

I dont get the wahbulance icon but thats ok, you're still wrong. I remember back in the day when it was rumored Roth was coming back to the band and MTV immediately started playing "welcome back dave" commercials.. The real rockers know the deal.. You're like that kid on Beavis and Butthead that liked Winger..

DemonGeminiX
08-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Fuck you, man. Real rockers, my ass. You don't even know what Rock is. Hating on anything hard. A Jimmy Buffet/Van Morrison fan.

Muddy
08-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Hagar isn't hard! He sucks! :lol:

(honestly, I dont care for him.. I always thought he was generic.)

DemonGeminiX
08-27-2013, 07:33 PM
I found a link you've gotta read. You'll probably laugh your ass off.

http://www.razorcake.org/columns/sammy-hagar-everything-thats-wrong-with-rocknroll-column-03

Go listen to Chickenfoot. It's Sammy, Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani, and Chad Smith (drummer from RHCP).

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2013, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUeuAnMNDhA

Hal-9000
08-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Hagar isn't hard! He sucks! :lol:

(honestly, I dont care for him.. I always thought he was generic.)

don't be mad but for some reason when I hear or see Sammy Hagar I automatically associate him with you :lol: I don't know why...maybe a passing resemblance

Muddy - The Red Rocker :headbang:

Noilly Pratt
08-27-2013, 08:17 PM
I found a link you've gotta read. You'll probably laugh your ass off.

I did! Thanks DGX.

Muddy
08-27-2013, 08:48 PM
don't be mad but for some reason when I hear or see Sammy Hagar I automatically associate him with you :lol: I don't know why...maybe a passing resemblance

:x

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Muddy Hagar FTW :dance:

DemonGeminiX
08-27-2013, 09:23 PM

Muddy Hagar FTW :dance:

Hahahaha :lol:

Hal-9000
08-27-2013, 11:20 PM
it's you man :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce8UJ75ittg&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL0ijEA95xg2NMlgYJAQsGx9KDEDq3Qw17

Muddy
08-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Oh I hear the guys a partier down at his place... And he's probably cooler to hang out with than David Lee Roth... But man, he can't top the OG Van Halen... :2cents:

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 02:25 PM
One foot on the brake...and one on the gas......

:dance:

Muddy
08-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Small one for DGX.. and Hal too, I guess..

http://i.imgur.com/dIPTNVe.jpg

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2013, 06:12 PM
:-s

Who the fuck is that faggot and why did you post him in a SFW thread? That shit belongs in Hal's hole.

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 06:21 PM
yeah Sammy, post your beefcake elsewhere :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2013, 06:28 PM
:burn:

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Kip Winger....don't tell me that's how the band got it's name :facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2013, 06:43 PM
He was a laughing stock back in the day. I remember a Metallica music video where Lars had one of his pictures on a dart board.

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Stewart's tshirt from Beavis and Butthead :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2013, 06:54 PM
:puke:

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 07:01 PM
I love how they dance and move around like they're actually NOT playing the most basic notes known to man on a guitar :lol:

Muddy
08-28-2013, 07:04 PM
yeah Sammy, post your beefcake elsewhere :lol:

:coat:

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Muddy has a Winger tshirt and hangs it beside his Cabo Wabo tshirt

:dance:

Muddy
08-28-2013, 08:21 PM
:nono: dgx has the winger shirt... I have the cabo wabo one.. :puke:

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 08:25 PM
all I have is a Led Zeppelin concert shirt from a 1973 tour that was cut short because Plant's daughter died....not as important as a Winger keepsake :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2013, 10:09 PM
:nono: dgx has the winger shirt... I have the cabo wabo one.. :puke:

When I was a young teen, I had t-shirts from Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Death, Dark Angel, Exodus, The Possessed, Sacred Reich, Nuclear Assault, Sepultura, DRI, and Van Halen (I may have had more but I can't remember them all). I got several of them from concerts.

When I got into Alternative and Grunge, I obtained shirts by Jane's Addiction, Ministry, Primus, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, The Melvins, and from the second ('92) and third ('93) Lollapalooza shows. I didn't go to the shows myself, a friend picked me up a shirt from the '92 show and my brother and sister picked up a shirt from the '93 show for me.

There was an early t-shirt from either the first or second Warped Tour in the mid 90s, but I either lost it or somebody stole it from me (it was more than likely stolen by one of the girls I was sleeping with in the mid 90s... girlfriends were always stealing my shirts). But I pretty much quit buying/obtaining band t-shirts around early '95. I had a run in the late 90s where I was buying t-shirts from bars and clubs that I've been to.

I get t-shirts for the Philly teams I root for: Eagles, Phillies, and Flyers. I have more Flyers shirts than you can shake a stick at, but I hardly ever wear them. I also have about 3 Flyers jerseys that I never wear. However, I do have a Flyer's baseball hat that I always wear. I probably should get a new one, it's falling apart on me.

Nowadays, I get my shirts from LL Bean, Eddie Bauer, JC Penney, Macy's, Belk's, American Eagle Outfitters, and Land's End. I usually stick with henleys and solid color t-shirts, although I'll pick up other styles from time to time.

I still wear Levi's jeans exclusively.

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Plenty O Fish bio ^^

:thumbsup: I'll go out with you (if you wear the Winger tshirt)

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I laughed at a kid wearing a Winger t-shirt once.

Muddy
08-28-2013, 10:16 PM
When I was a young teen, I had t-shirts from Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Death, Dark Angel, Exodus, The Possessed, Sacred Reich, Nuclear Assault, Sepultura, DRI, and Van Halen (I may have had more but I can't remember them all). I got several of them from concerts.

When I got into Alternative and Grunge, I obtained shirts by Jane's Addiction, Ministry, Primus, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, The Melvins, and from the second ('92) and third ('93) Lollapalooza shows. I didn't go to the shows myself, a friend picked me up a shirt from the '92 show and my brother and sister picked up a shirt from the '93 show for me.

There was an early t-shirt from either the first or second Warped Tour in the mid 90s, but I either lost it or somebody stole it from me (it was more than likely stolen by one of the girls I was sleeping with in the mid 90s... girlfriends were always stealing my shirts). But I pretty much quit buying/obtaining band t-shirts around early '95. I had a run in the late 90s where I was buying t-shirts from bars and clubs that I've been to.

I get t-shirts for the Philly teams I root for: Eagles, Phillies, and Flyers. I have more Flyers shirts than you can shake a stick at, but I hardly ever wear them. I also have about 3 Flyers jerseys that I never wear. However, I do have a Flyer's baseball hat that I always wear. I probably should get a new one, it's falling apart on me.

Nowadays, I get my shirts from LL Bean, Eddie Bauer, JC Penney, Macy's, Belk's, American Eagle Outfitters, and Land's End. I usually stick with henleys and solid color t-shirts, although I'll pick up other styles from time to time.

I still wear Levi's jeans exclusively.

Right on, Bro..

Oh yeah.. WAR FORRRR TERRITORYYYYYYYY!!!

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 10:20 PM
DGX will you make a short guitar video for us?

or at least 30 seconds of Rubik's Cube??? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2013, 10:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxgDb5IJQ9Y

Guitar video :thumbsup:

Noilly Pratt
08-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Grunge really hit the metal bands hard...and Winger was the subject of scorn, and cries of "Wimp-metal" were everywhere. It was cemented by Beavis and Butthead and that character who wore a Winger's T Shirt, to emphasize his wimpyness.

I knew a guy who was keyboards for Chrissy Steele - a Darby Mills sound-alike. He cut a few albums with her, toured and went nowhere, then he cut his hair and then she was the semi-big time opening for Bryan Adams. So, he had to get hair extensions put in! :)
http://youtu.be/W7EPL0t5tE8

Noilly Pratt
08-28-2013, 10:36 PM
PMSL at the Aussie guitar soloist, Lance. I at first thought he was tuning the thing up!

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 10:37 PM
you'd think there was some sort of screening process in place :lol:

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 10:39 PM
*bit of trivia...

I sang Karaoke at a bar one night, sang 3 songs....and I followed a guy in a large collared, open neck shirt with tons of gold chains...he was wearing a whole bunch of gold rings...and he sang that song, Imagine....and absolutely BUTCHERED it with a serious look on his face, some moves etc :lol:

I never did thank him for making me sound so good and helping me not be nervous when I got up there

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2013, 10:45 PM
I had a friend named Sean who had no problem getting up there and making an ass out of himself. In one night, he butchered Prince's When Dove's Cry (and he did the entire ending too), Nine Inch Nail's Closer, and Jimmy Buffet's Why Don't We Get Drunk. It has to be one of the most enjoyable karaoke nights I've ever witnessed, and I hate karaoke.

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 10:54 PM
I've done it a few times....that night it led to something else....:oops:

my friend had some buddies there I had never met before and they asked me if I wouldn't mind singing in their garage band...

went over for a part of the summer and sang with them (through a mic and everything!) and instantly gained a whole new respect for anyone who sings in a band :lol:

I lost my voice completely in the middle of a song, couldn't breathe right and started in during the wrong phrases of the songs...all covers and the 3 guys were great musicians