PDA

View Full Version : NAACP Keeping up Pressure in Trayvon Martin Case

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2013, 07:42 PM
By SUZANNE GAMBOA Associated Press

NAACP President Ben Jealous says he plans to turn over petitions with more than 1.7 million signatures calling on the Department of Justice to pursue charges against George Zimmerman for violating Trayvon Martin's civil rights.

Zimmerman was acquitted by a Florida court for the February 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Martin, who was unarmed.

Jealous says about a million of the signatures collected were sent by cell phone, and many were from young people.

Martin has emerged as a recurring symbol at protests of continued unequal treatment of blacks and other minorities.

His mother was among the speakers at Saturday's events marking the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. Images of the slain teenager were displayed on T-shirts, posters, signs and buttons.

Hal-9000
08-26-2013, 07:47 PM
"...a million of the signatures collected were sent by cell phone..."

I hate parts of our current society :|

PorkChopSandwiches
08-26-2013, 07:47 PM
:facepalm:

Richard Cranium
08-26-2013, 08:01 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/11j64w9.jpg

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2013, 08:32 PM
You can sue the Feds for violating civil rights, you can sue local, county, state law offices for violating civil rights, and you can sue an employer for civil rights violations. I didn't know you could sue a private citizen for civil rights violations.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2013, 09:38 PM
You can sue the Feds for violating civil rights, you can sue local, county, state law offices for violating civil rights, and you can sue an employer for civil rights violations. I didn't know you could sue a private citizen for civil rights violations.

It's allowed as long as it's a 'minority' suing a white person :tup:

Richard Cranium
08-26-2013, 09:51 PM
O'Bama and Holder do what ever the fuck they want, laws don't mean shit in this country anymore/

Muddy
08-26-2013, 09:52 PM
"Ben Jealous"... What a fitting name.

perrhaps
08-27-2013, 01:08 PM
If that 88 year-old WWII veteran Delbert Belton had pulled out a handgun and killed the two black teenagers who murdered him, instead of vice-versa, would the NAACP start a petition drive for the Justice Department to prosecute him?