PDA

View Full Version : Man in airshow traffic refuses to stop for cop, almost hits him, records say

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2013, 11:16 AM
By Sarah Cassi | lehighvalleylive.com

A Whitehall Township man cursed at an LVIA officer directing traffic during last weekend's Lehigh Valley Airshow, refused to stop and then almost ran the officer over, according to court records.

Officer Kendall Collins, of the Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority, said Brian K. Miller repeatedly honked his horn while stuck in traffic on Airport Road Sunday.

When Collins signaled for Miller to stop honking, Miller said “Fuck you,” according to records.

When Collins approached Miller’s pickup truck and told him to stop honking, court records indicate Miller said “We’ve been trying to leave for the last hour, what the fuck are you doing?”

After Collins again told Miller to stop honking, the 44-year-old continued to honk his horn and drive forward, according to records. Collins told Miller to stop honking or he would be arrested to which Miller responded, “You can’t fucking arrest me,” records indicate.

The officer told Miller he was under arrest and ordered him to stop the car, but twice Miller accelerated until he had to stop because of traffic, according to records. The second time Miller accelerated, Collins was holding on to the driver’s side door and suffered an ankle injury when he was almost struck by the truck's rear wheel, according to records.

Miller then shut the door, rolled up his window and locked the truck before driving forward only to be stopped by traffic again, according to records. Collins repeatedly told Miller he was under arrest and ordered him to open the door, prompting Mill to respond, “Fuck you,” according to records.

Collins said he struck the driver’s side window twice with his bicycle helmet and then with a police baton, breaking the window.

When Collins told Miller to unlock the door, Miller said “What the fuck are you doing, I’m not under arrest” and “you broke my fucking window, this is why people hate cops,” records say.

Miller was eventually handcuffed and arrested. Police charged Miller, of the 800 block of Second Street, with reckless endangerment, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

He was arraigned by District Judge David Howells Jr. and released today on $10,000 bail.