PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Will Not Seat 25 Black Customers Because White Person Felt ‘Threatened’

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2013, 11:33 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/i6Xi0QJ.png

Twenty five black customers were not provided seating at a Wild Wing Cafe restaurant in North Charleston, S.C., this past July.

Michael Brown (pictured) claims after waiting for two hours to be seated, he and his friends were told they would not be seated in a certain section of the restaurant because a white customer felt “threatened”.

“[The manager] said there’s a situation where one of our customers feels threatened by your party, so she asked us not to seat you in our section, which totally alarmed all of us because we’re sitting there peaceably for two hours,” Brown told WNEM.

A member of the the group started filming Brown and the restaurant manager with a camera phone, which led to the manager asking them to leave.

“She said, 'I have a right to deny you service,'" Brown said. "I said, 'So you’re asking me to leave because you’re upset because he was recording you, after we’ve waited for two hours, and after you’ve already pretty much discriminated on us,' and she answered 'yes.'''

After unsuccessfully calling Wild Wing Cafe’s corporate office, Brown posted on Facebook on Friday:

I will never go to Wild Wing Cafe in N. Chs again! We (Party of 25 family and friends) waited 2hrs, patiently and were refused service because another customer (White) felt threatened by us. This type of racial discrimination is unacceptable and we have to put a STOP TO IT. The manager looked me dead in the face and said she was refusing us service because she had a right to and simply she felt like it. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS ESTABLISHMENT… PLEASE SHARE THIS POST… We need your help.

Debra Stokes, chief marketing officer for Wild Wing Cafe, told WNEM: "We got alerted through social media, so we always encourage our customers to respond to us or to comment on our social media pages. We had a conversation. It was a really good conversation. He and many of his family and friends were there about a month ago, and they are regular customers of ours. So, they were having a going away party, and they just didn’t receive the experience that they have come to know and love.”

Brown said he and his group did receive an apology and a free meal, but they are not completely satisfied. He did not mention if there would be a lawsuit.

Goofy
08-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Racism alive and well :cheers:

:roll:

deebakes
08-27-2013, 12:06 PM
wow :shock:

Muddy
08-27-2013, 12:30 PM
It isn't necessarily racism... Don't judge this situation unless you were there..

They waited two hrs (alleged), and more then likely got loud, rude, disrespectful, and verbally abusive towards the staff( probably starting with a hostess that is normally a teenage white girl). And I can so See the one in the pink starting it up.. She looks like the type that you can hear across an entire parking lot... IDC what anyone thinks of my comment, we ALL know how loud and abusive a group this size can be... Nobody in business turns down a group of 25 for no good reason.. It's a cash cow.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2013, 12:32 PM
My first reaction to the story was....who the fuck waits for 2 hours at a restaurant to be seated? There is no place else in Charleston, SC to eat? :-s

If the wait at any restaurant is more than 15 or 20 minutes, I go somewhere else.

Hal-9000
08-27-2013, 02:41 PM
they were looking for the dual-chair for the one in pink