PDA

View Full Version : PETA wants pregnant women barred from entering chicken wing eating contest

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2013, 12:16 PM
By: Katie Cummings - YNN Rochester

http://i.imgur.com/Dby9uXj.jpg

BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Queen City is known for its wings and the National Buffalo Wing Festival.

However, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is asking organizers to ban pregnant women from participating in the wing eating contest that’s part of the festival. PETA officials point to research from the Study for Future Families.

"A study has come out that says when women consume chicken while pregnant, there's actually a chance that their sons will have smaller than average penises," said PETA associate director of campaigns Lindsay Rajt.

PETA also says the study shows babies could be born with blocked arteries due to high cholesterol in chicken meat.

Meanwhile, pregnant women in Western New York were surprised by the news.

"I think that it’s silly. I ate poultry when I was pregnant and I have two children and they are perfectly fine," said North Tonawanda resident Heather Albert.

"They really never said anything about what to eat, and what not to eat. Just told me to be you know cautious of certain things and make sure I eat stuff so I won’t have low iron," said Buffalo resident Candice Stewart.

"I’ve never heard of that at all as far as like a man having small areas because of their mother or the women eating chicken wings," said Buffalo resident Shawn West.

YNN reached out to several Buffalo doctors for their expertise but many declined to speak on camera.

Some say they would prefer to listen to their doctor instead of a study.

"If my doctor says I need to watch my eating then I’ll listen to the doctor. I’m not going to listen to PETA who claims it has defects," said Wheatfield resident Krystle Socha.

"If there is something that supports it then that’s kind of where I would fall in line with it, but 'til they show me something that's substantial and proves it, then she can eat all he chicken wings she wants," said Wheatfield resident Ben Socha.

YNN reached out to the Wing King Drew Cerza, but he said he has no comment.

The festival is scheduled to kick off Aug. 31.

Muddy
08-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Any doctors to back up these wild claims?

deebakes
08-28-2013, 12:57 PM
:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Fuck PETA.

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Fuck PETA.

with my small penis! :x

*son of a chicken lovin mama*

PorkChopSandwiches
08-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Keep fuckin those chickens

Noilly Pratt
08-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Pregnant women need Iron and Foliate in a big way and Chicken is one of the best ways to get it. Doctors tell you to have chicken because of it's many benefits, as long as it's cooked well.

The study points to a thing called Phthalates and how they can inhibit "maleness". They're used in every frigging thing we use, eat own, etc...to single out chicken as a bad culprit is a bit of a leap, but here's what PETA read and used:

http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/15/eating-chicken-may-lead-to-a-smaller-penis/

Hal-9000
08-28-2013, 09:46 PM
yeah I'm sure genealogy determines things like dick size, over things that Mom may or may not eat :lol:

Muddy
08-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Pregnant women need Iron and Foliate in a big way and Chicken is one of the best ways to get it. Doctors tell you to have chicken because of it's many benefits, as long as it's cooked well.

The study points to a thing called Phthalates and how they can inhibit "maleness". They're used in every frigging thing we use, eat own, etc...to single out chicken as a bad culprit is a bit of a leap, but here's what PETA read and used:

http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/15/eating-chicken-may-lead-to-a-smaller-penis/

Ok then, Lets go to Hooters.. i have the craving now for wings.. :lol:

Richard Cranium
08-31-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm told the colored folk eat chicken every day. I'm also told the colored folk are typically well hung. PETA is 180 degrees off on this one, as usual.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-31-2013, 01:15 AM
:lol: