PDA

View Full Version : Libya says Gadhafi survives NATO missile strike that kills his son, grandchildren

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2011, 11:25 PM
The Associated Press

TRIPOLI, Libya – Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi survived a NATO missile strike Saturday that killed his youngest son and three grandchildren and wounded friends and relatives, Libya's spokesman said.

Gadhafi and his wife were in the Tripoli house of his 29-year-old son, Saif al-Arab Gadhafi, when it was hit by at least one missile fired by a NATO warplane, according to Libyan spokesman Moussa Ibrahim.

"The leader himself is in good health," Ibrahim said. "He was not harmed. The wife is also in good health."

"The attack resulted in the martyrdom of brother Saif al-Arab Gadhafi, 29 years old, and three of the leader's grandchildren," Ibrahim said. He described Saif as a student.

The one-story house in a Tripoli residential neighborhood was heavily damaged.

Saif al-Arab Gadhafi was the sixth son of Gadhafi. He had spent much of his time in Germany in recent years.

Arkady Renko
04-30-2011, 11:39 PM
one down, six to go.

Loser
05-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm all for killin the prick, but whacking children? Come on, there's easier ways to grease someone that doesn't involve killing kids..:meh:

beowulf
05-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm all for killin the prick, but whacking children? Come on, there's easier ways to grease someone that doesn't involve killing kids..:meh:

such as?................the wacko is one of those that surrounds himself with 'human shields' thinking it will protect him......what other method is there?...............you cant insert special forces of any kind (for practical and political reasons) to do a hit job on him, even tho they are called smart bombs they aint really :lol:.....still hard to do precision strikes without other collateral damage of some kind........you might have intelligence that the loon is in place 'a' but you have no way of confirming who else is there at that precise moment

i still think its the way to go....cut off the head and the snake will die..............problem then is clearing up the mess afterwards as it descends into chaos like iraq has

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2011, 10:43 PM

But it's okay for him to kill women and children? :-k

beowulf
05-01-2011, 11:04 PM

but the arguement would be that 'we are better than him.......we shouldnt do the same as him' :roll:

i think the whole situation is dangerous.........the islamic world are more than happy for us to do it all..............if it works then its saved them a heap of money and effort (and face cos its not 'right' for arab to fight arab).............if it all goes tits up then 'we' are the big nasty infidels interfering in the arab world again

Loser
05-01-2011, 11:11 PM
such as?................the wacko is one of those that surrounds himself with 'human shields' thinking it will protect him......what other method is there?...............you cant insert special forces of any kind (for practical and political reasons) to do a hit job on him, even tho they are called smart bombs they aint really :lol:.....still hard to do precision strikes without other collateral damage of some kind........you might have intelligence that the loon is in place 'a' but you have no way of confirming who else is there at that precise moment

i still think its the way to go....cut off the head and the snake will die..............problem then is clearing up the mess afterwards as it descends into chaos like iraq has

I understand all that, and with the situation now it's damn near impossible to get a location on him, I just don't like the thought of "collateral" damage including children.

Lance, honestly now, did I say that in my sentence? I thought I made it clear enough to point out that I don't condone the killing of kids at all... By anyone.