PDA

View Full Version : Longevity Breathing

FBD
09-05-2013, 09:45 PM
This dude I know uploaded these, dont know how long they will be around :lol: But BK knows his shit. :-k

Some of the wildest states I've experienced were from doing this stuff, but working like a mofo at it first for 20, 30 minutes at night before bed...then an hour before bed, then two eventually...it is a deep recharging relaxation, very regenerating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlQMLyDJYFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwj0Bfty_nM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyUUrYvRPC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5KRz7KM3M

DemonGeminiX
09-05-2013, 10:01 PM
:-s

Wild states?

:hand:

Just hold your breath, cut off the oxygen supply to your brain, and start hallucinating before you pass out.

:thumbsup:

FBD
09-05-2013, 10:10 PM
hahaha :lol: better to keep the components properly fueled! when you shut off all of the input from the cranial nerves and ingrain a habit of it, you reprogram the medulla's protocol for breathing via muscle memory - its surprising how much extra energy there is once you turn down the huge amount of volume knobs you have to deal with in the process - it is all fuel for the conscious awareness.

need to make it coherent and of significant amplitude enough to break the body-energetic-spiritual coefficient of friction :tup: but it is not entirely a linear process, either.

KevinD
09-06-2013, 01:57 AM
FBD, bud, I've had entirely too many beers to understand any of what you posted above. :lol: Would never make fun of you for what you like to do, but don't understand it at all. How about describing someday how you got into meditation, and what it does for you? seriously.

FBD
09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
sure...heh...yeah, sorry, gotta remember my audience here, I get too technical at times.

wild ass teenager>no respect for gravity>did all kinds of shit that gave me jackass quality injuries...

lifted too many weights>hurt my back>got into some martial arts>discovered chi gung>discovered meditation.

in a nutshell.

I was always told to explore my potential, so I did. Stopped doing wing chun when I learned some chi gung that did a decent job correcting my injuries simply because it was more practical. Chi gung differs from "calisthenics" in that the breath is an integral part of it, and the more I learned that, the more practical meditation became, because it made the chi gung more efficient. If I dont do the spinal forms I know, my back literally starts thinking its rigor mortis time. I have basically manifested a no-choice situation for myself, I do it or there is pain and severely limited movement.

The meditation...well...the breath is the most coarse, rough, obvious bodily signal (unless you happen to be taking a shit :dance: ) so that is why most traditions address that first.

So Kev, you've seen a dyno readout, I'm sure. Imagine one of those for each physical mechanism that effects the breath, like the diaphragm, psoas, perineum, front of the abdomen, anterior longitudinal ligament that runs the length of the front of the spine even. Breathwork is tuning those mechanisms so that each "dyno readout" is as efficient as possible, and also the combining of them all is as efficient as possible. When you discover an energetic culmination (peak power) and you time them to all be coincident (all peak power of structures happen at once) then that creates a lot of additional energy...and by doing the streamlining, you have made the consumption of energy go down, which frees up energy, and also made the energy produced go vastly up...with the stillness it comes about where there is an energetic maxima coincident with a consumption minima, and that's where the deep longevity breathing becomes possible, and efficiently done.

and there is a concept called "turning the light inward"...so these additional energy potentials are...light or some sort of vibration...everything is vibration, really...so by bringing the focus of the conscious awareness in to the pineal gland, it begins to harness this additional energy. Tunes the endocrine system, even.

Done every day, an energy potential that has a good habit-energy behind it manifests ;)

Muddy
09-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Is there any chance you could be a little crazy and these breathing techniques are mind over matter for you?

FBD
09-06-2013, 12:46 PM
no mind, no matter ;) ironically is more true that you'd think, but that thought track easily steps into false thinking, so I generally just dont even go there. there are a million ways one can delude himself.

the thing is, I've put in enough practice to make certain very unambiguous things happen...and I've gone into and fallen out of good levels of practice enough that each time I get my sessions to a certain level, certain very predictable phenomena happen - like my metabolism going wild and basically wanting another 700 calories a day - doesnt make much sense that would happen from meditation, right? but sure enough, every time I start averaging 40, 50 second breaths, that happens to my body. sleep comes easier and more efficient...meditation before bed basically puts you in a restorative state even before your head hits the pillow, and the more efficient that is, the more restful sleep is.

the mindful breathing extends to waking, sleeping, as well as meditation. once I start averaging a minute plus on my breaths, a calm clarity begins to permeate my everyday consciousness...mind chatter almost completely disappears, and that's where I got the notion of the focus of awareness being able to harness/arrest the energy potentials that normally manifest themselves in the cranial nerves - the big key is raw, unmanifested potential and how to keep it unmanifested for the most part...and then when you need it, the potentials available are vastly greater.

once a bunch of years ago the ex and I went to niagara falls for a weekend...but we made it an early weekend since I had a show to play that saturday night - I drove the 7 hours straight back here because I knew she wasnt going to drive fast enough. so I had to focus for that 7 hours straight...got to my buddy's, loaded up, got to the show a little early, and once we settled and had an hour and a half before we went on, I started hitting the wall hard - told my buddies I'd brb, found this couch and sat for 20, 25 minutes and was able to almost completely regenerate and restore a proper energy level, I got up and my buddy goes hooly shit...ya know dude, if I hadnt seen what you looked like half an hour ago, I wouldnt believe what you look like now :lol: played a good show that night...but that is just an example of how things like that can be put to use.

Muddy
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
It sounds like a cool thing, but a hell of a lot of work!

FBD
09-06-2013, 01:11 PM
"gongfu" = "energy-time"

to make energetic advancements, the work as to be put in. if I keep rambling yall will *really* think I am crazy. :lol:

but if anyone's interested in the rest of the energetic stuff that I do, I'm always happy to share. I expect the majority of people I talk to about this stuff to view it with a distant curiosity...but even cracking the door of the concept open is sometimes enough for someone in this lifetime. all you get to take with you is your experiences when you leave here, and the path to enlightenment is something accumulated over many lifetimes. its been said before it usually takes 10,000 lifetimes for one to grasp this stuff and actually begin to walk the path...and get somewhere with it.

time only exists on this 4d brane of spacetime we're immersed in, so now is perhaps the best time, always, because its the only time we ever experience.

just like the physics postulate that at high enough vibrations, the resonances of things become indistinguishable (e.g. electromagnetism looking no different than a weak force manifestation at a certain energy...eventually strong force, gravity all become indistinguishable at high enough energies...)

so basically, the harmonization of all of these energy potentials will eventually change the resonance of the body, mind, spirit as they become more integrated...and integrated well enough, that spiritual coefficient of friction is surpassed, you can remove yourself from the wheel of reincarnation and no longer be bound to it...and truly be able to actualize your awareness' potential and not be beholden to the winds of karma, the cumulative energetic potentials of your prior actions.

Noilly Pratt
09-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Ramble on, I say.

I meditate often. Usually just before bedtime but sometimes during the day. I am fortunate to work at home and if I want to just stop for 10 minutes and meditate, or go on here, or whatever no one cares as long as the work gets done.

My dad was in India during the war and was really open to other religions, cultures etc and fostered that in me as well. He also instilled in me a good BS detector as well, which is almost equally as important! :)

Also I have a thing called Sleep Apnea so I know how important breathing is...now that I have what they call a CPAP machine I really realize the importance of getting oxygen to the brain. I was only cat-napping for about 10 years so I wasn't sharp at all, couldn't focus on most tasks, etc. Now, it's like rolling back the odometer about 15 years.

This is also why I live by the ocean...the air here is amazing. My wife suffered from acute allergies but after she moved here from the city, she just takes a basic allergy medicine maybe once a summer.

Goofy
09-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Medicate>meditate :tup:

FBD
09-06-2013, 06:48 PM
:lol: meditate IS medicate ;) especially once efficiency gains are realized.

noilly, that is interesting...I bought a digeridu not too long ago, and the guy that made it (white raven in bridgewater corners vt) said he had some bad sleep apnea, and when it bugs him, he said he goes and plays his didj for 10, 15 minutes and that totally clears it up for the rest of the night. I think one other thing like that which streamlined breath mechanics and the resultant habit-energy may correct is the enhanced emphasis on the diaphragm-psoas-perineum dynamic as the main driver of the breath - one big key in the breathwork is to learn to completely cease using the nostrils, sinuses, air passageways to facilitate the movement of air. when I learned to do that I would sit with earplugs in and work until I couldnt hear or feel any air moving at all....and after that I went and submerged myself in the bathtub so that only my face was sticking out, let the water rush up against my eardrums, and everything is very loud...there the hearing feedback is so strong that you pretty quickly start to tell how certain movements produce turbulence in the air passageways - basically "hearing yourself breathe" is nothing more than a million little circular vortices of air...each of which detract a certain amount of energy from the breath. once you well remove those from the mechanics you use to breathe, the air almost begins to feel like a superfluid, there is no friction at all...and that is where one of the tests of old can be passed - they would hang a small feather so that it was pretty much right at the opening of your nostrils, and you could not move it while meditating in this test, otherwise you fail the test!

Acid Trip
09-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I find that massive bong rips have a similar effect and they only take about 30 seconds from start to finish.

:bong:

FBD
09-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I've quit burning...but increased lung capacity was one of those benefits wrt/ massive bong rips...I would use a circular breathing method I learned from playing the didj and fill the fucker up cumulonimbus before clearing the sumbich :dance: I'd always take the pepsi challenge with anyone who wanted to step up there, hahahaha. But eventually I got sick of the energetic resonance of weed. it flares the mingmen fire...the adrenal kidney-yang system, in a way...it'd make my energy go bullshit and it got to the point where I would *have* to do chi gung forms and circle walking and shit whenever I'd toke (every day) just about because I didnt have much of a way to control what the energy did otherwise...and sitting on the couch letting it stagnate was the absolute *worst* possible thing to do with that energy once it was raised.

on a long enough timescale...eventually *all* methods are to be dropped.

redred
09-07-2013, 02:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vIf55wF.gif

Hal-9000
09-13-2013, 08:11 PM
in general, we are a society of shallow breathers.....we get stressed, we get busy and for the most part, the average person doesn't breath properly all day long...

FBD's stuff is way beyond me and I've never tried it or understand it....but the stuff I've read by doctors makes a lot of sense

it's like after you exercise strenuously...you may have felt like shit before you started but after, you end up feeling good because your body appreciates the oxygen and deeper breaths