PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera Botches The National Anthem Before the Super Bowl Kickoff

Major Tool
02-07-2011, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHffUXbLV8&feature=player_embedded

Christina Aguilera, always a pro singing the national anthem, couldn't make it through the Star Spangled Banner before the kickoff of Super Bowl XLV. Aguliera, who has handled the task without issue before NBA games, botched the lyrics badly halfway through the song.

Instead of "'O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming" turned into "what so proudly we watched at the twilight's last [unintelligable lyric]."

Luckily, Aguilera had the quick, crowd-rousing "rocket's red glare" line to follow it up, which she nailed and got the packed Cowboys Stadium quickly on her side.

Still, our eyewitnesses in Dallas tell us that the crowd had some drastic reactions. "This was the biggest performance of her career and she blew it," a source with a VIP view tells me. "To mess up the lyrics was a disaster."

Another source tells us the televised roars of the crowds weren't as loud in person. "A hush fell over the stadium and everyone was looking at each other."

After the Star Spangled Banner wrapped, Aguilera headed backstage where a source tells me that the singer is "devastated." She knows she messed up big time. It's an honor to be ask and she let America and herself down. She doesn't want anyone around her. Everyone telling her she was great but she knows the truth."

Cheer up Christina. Your voice sounded as amazing as ever.

Maybe it was the pressure of the big game. After all, Aguilera got the lyrics spot on during her take on the anthem at last year's NBA Finals.

Southern Belle
02-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Meh, my internet is too slow for my patience tonight.

Major Tool
02-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Just hum it loudly and badly to yourself and miss a few words. It would be a good replica.

RBP
02-07-2011, 02:40 AM
Epic fail. She sucked.

Sharktopus
02-07-2011, 03:14 AM
I didn't think it was so bad when I watched the game. Seeing it again it was pretty failish.

Godfather
02-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Big question is was she as bad as that fucking half time show :lol:

God damn the Black Eyed Peas are terrible live....

samarchepas
02-07-2011, 04:20 AM
God damn the Black Eyed Peas are terrible....
Fixed it for you :lol:

Hal-9000
02-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Epic fail. She sucked.

Agreed...she's an American and a singer by profession.Learning the few words contained in a national anthem should be a realistic goal.

Godfather
02-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Yep, I've seen 13 year old Canadian girls do better with the American anthem at hockey games....

Hal-9000
02-07-2011, 04:35 AM
and yes the Peas sounded very bad.I hope it was just the truncated TV sound and it didn't sound that way down on the field.

Godfather
02-07-2011, 04:37 AM
My buddy saw them open for U2 in Vancouver last year... he said they were actually better tonight than they were then :lol: I think they're just brutal without a 100,000$ sound studio behind them :wha:

samarchepas
02-07-2011, 05:44 AM
Them and U2...your buddy actually paid to go there?! :shock: lol

Southern Belle
02-07-2011, 06:13 AM
I finally got to see it. She's always all about trying to show off her voice instead of just singing the song.

samarchepas
02-07-2011, 08:01 AM
yup...she tried too hard to sing it...fail! lol

Godfather
02-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Them and U2...your buddy actually paid to go there?! :shock: lol

I know right... two bands I have zero interest in :lol:

samarchepas
02-07-2011, 08:22 AM
zero? my level of interest in them...is in the negative :lol:

Southern Belle
02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Same here. Both overrated imo

traveler
02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
What a lame-ass performance by Aguilera.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Agreed...she's an American and a singer by profession.Learning the few words contained in a national anthem should be a realistic goal.

Couldn't agree more...what an absolute disgrace

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 11:27 AM
And then that asshat Deion tweeted this:

http://i.imgur.com/xsgNR.jpg

Yeah, they're gonna remix the National Anthem :roll:

Just STFU Deion

The Monk
02-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Serves them right for trying to cash in on her celebrity......

Dr. Girlfriend
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Haha! Just saw it this morning. Why do singers try to make the national anthem their own? It's supposed to be your country's song so just sing it like everyone else. Then you don't have to worry about trying so hard and you can concentrate on the simple words that you should have memorized since like the first grade or kindergarten.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Serves them right for trying to cash in on her celebrity......

Who's trying to cash in on someone's celebrity? :-s

To be asked to sing the National Anthem at a game as big as the Superbowl is an honor. Nobody forced her to sing it and she was more than likely paid by the NFL to do it. If she can't be bothered to take the time to learn the words to the Anthem as a professional singer, then she should have turned down the offer.

RBP
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
She distracting by thinking that a billion people are seeing how chubby she got. :lol:

She has sung it before - NBA finals for one - so I'd say she just fucked up rather than she didn't take the time to learn it. I don't like individual renditions anyway. Sing it how it's supposed to be sung, which has been mentioned in this thread already.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Deion says it was the remix version :nono:

RBP
02-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Deion says it was the remix version :nono:

What the fuck does that even mean?

RBP
02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
ARLINGTON, Texas --

Christina Aguilera says she got lost in the power of the National Anthem while performing the song at the Super Bowl on Sunday.

“I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of it’s anthem still came through,” Christina said in a statement to the Associated Press following her performance in Arlington, Texas.

Instead of singing the line “O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming,” she repeated a previous line of the song singing, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming.” In the botched line she also sang “watched” instead of “hailed.”

The 30-year-old singer isn’t the only one to have trouble with the song. In 2001, Macy Gray was booed after her rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Send her to Gitmo :x

RBP
02-07-2011, 04:02 PM

Obama closed Gitmo last January. :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 04:36 PM
It's still open [-(

RBP
02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Obama doesn't lie. :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Are you sure? :-k

RBP
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
You have me wondering now :x

Hal-9000
02-07-2011, 07:43 PM

:lol:

and a diet center

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Maybe her and Miley can work out together :-k

Hal-9000
02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
*imagines getting a part time job where they both work out and tending to the seats after their workouts*

traveler
02-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!

:fail:

samarchepas
02-07-2011, 11:11 PM
It was bad...but I've seen worse...for exemple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c (having earplugs near might be a good idea before listening to the video :lol:)

Southern Belle
02-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Haha! Just saw it this morning. Why do singers try to make the national anthem their own? It's supposed to be your country's song so just sing it like everyone else. Then you don't have to worry about trying so hard and you can concentrate on the simple words that you should have memorized since like the first grade or kindergarten.

Exactly!

Southern Belle
02-08-2011, 12:29 AM
it was bad...but i've seen worse...for exemple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1yvhcld2c (having earplugs near might be a good idea before listening to the video :lol:)

my ears my eyes!

Hal-9000
02-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Do you people know that Vegas actually had odds on how long Christina was going to make the anthem in terms of time??? :lol:

It's true and probably a compliment to her voice.

Like Doc G mentioned, sing the damn thing regularly...X-tina already has such a strong voice she doesn't need to alter or make things up :lol:

Godfather
02-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Do you people know that Vegas actually had odds on how long Christina was going to make the anthem in terms of time??? :lol:

It's true and probably a compliment to her voice.

Like Doc G mentioned, sing the damn thing regularly...X-tina already has such a strong voice she doesn't need to alter or make things up :lol:

I've heard you can bet on aaaaanything during the Super Bowl... I think I remember people betting on how long T-Swift would take to sing it last year too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hal-9000
02-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Overall...and I'm not trying to insult our sisters to the south or start a fight...cuz I love me some good NFL pigskin....overall though, does anyone think the whole production was shoddy
including the game? :lol:

Near the end when Terry Bradshaw intro'ed Roger Staubach, it was like a quick 'hiya' in an airport and here's the trophy, please give it to someone else now, k bye :lol:
I mean those two guys were legends on their teams and it was in Texas ffs.Also the Peas/Slash/Usher mashup felt quick, cheap and ..I'll say it, no talent.
The game itself was covered adequately, again though overall the whole production felt amateur and without substance...

samarchepas
02-08-2011, 03:01 AM
my ears my eyes!
You can't say that I didn't warn you ;) lol

pepo
02-08-2011, 03:04 AM
, Macy Gray was booed after her rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

macy gray got bood for her face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godfather
02-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Overall...and I'm not trying to insult our sisters to the south or start a fight...cuz I love me some good NFL pigskin....overall though, does anyone think the whole production was shoddy
including the game? :lol:

Near the end when Terry Bradshaw intro'ed Roger Staubach, it was like a quick 'hiya' in an airport and here's the trophy, please give it to someone else now, k bye :lol:
I mean those two guys were legends on their teams and it was in Texas ffs.Also the Peas/Slash/Usher mashup felt quick, cheap and ..I'll say it, no talent.
The game itself was covered adequately, again though overall the whole production felt amateur and without substance...

For me the tackiest moment when Rogers got MVP and was immediately part of a Camero ad :wha:

Man we were all cringing and laughing at that....

And the camera on the wire was sponsored by Bud, but they made sure to note that the wire itself was sponsored by Bud Lite :rofl:

spud
02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
does this surprise anyone?

Hal-9000
02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Do we have a link for Superbowl commercials?

Up here they don't show any of the good ones

Hal-9000
02-08-2011, 05:03 PM
16 of the best Superbowl commercials of all time

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/NFL-super-bowl-commercials-best-of-all-time-020111#photo-title=1973:%20Noxzema%20%E2%80%94%20Namath%20and%2 0Fawcett&photo=26540005