PDA

View Full Version : Kindergarten Teacher Beat Up by Student's Enraged Mom

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2013, 10:36 AM
By: 41 Action News Staff

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Hickman Mills School District teacher was allegedly assaulted on Thursday, according to police.

It began when a disgruntled parent, Simone Baker, got into an altercation with Truman Elementary School teacher Phyllis White.

Baker reportedly approached White wanting to talk to her about what her son stated Ms. White did to him in class earlier that day.

Police say when White and school Principal Gavel told Baker she needed to come back the next day if she wanted to talk to discuss the incident, Baker ran out of the office and back down to White’s classroom and yelled “You better not touch my kid again.”

Baker then allegedly ran behind White’s desk and began hitting her in the face five to 10 times as she held White’ arm down by her side.

Police say Baker then grabbed White by her hair and picked her up out of the chair and struck her head against a file cabinet.

After the incident, Baker reportedly left the building on foot.

One parent at Truman Elementary sympathized with a 'protective parent'.

"This is your child," said Ryan Perry. "If you aren't going to protect them, who is?"

Sherrell Kennedy has a kindergartner in the school but with a different teacher. She was shocked to hear about the attack. "No words. No words. Who would do that?" But Kennedy, who has dealt with issues involving her own children, can't condone a violent attack. "I love my kids to death but you have to take yourself out of the situation and act like an adult."

The full police report is not yet available.

deebakes
09-09-2013, 11:53 AM
:shock:

DemonGeminiX
09-09-2013, 12:38 PM
So what did the teacher do to the kid that made the parent react like that?

deebakes
09-09-2013, 12:41 PM
kid must have told their parents that the teacher hit him/her is my guess :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
09-09-2013, 01:02 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/parent-beats-kindergarten-teacher-simone-baker-facing-charges-after-assault

The incident happened at Truman Elementary School Thursday evening. Simone Baker's 6-year-old son had arrived home with a scratch on his neck, and he indicated it had come during some type of discipline from his teacher, Phyllis White, 49.

The kindergarten teacher luckily was not badly injured. The boy's father went to the school Friday with his son and told both authorities and administrators that the teacher had not harmed the boy the prior day. The school district says they will prosecute Baker to “the fullest extent of the law." She has been issued a ticket for assault and has an Oct. 22 court date.

Looks like the kid lied and the Mom went apeshit without verifying the actual events.