PDA

View Full Version : Mom allegedly fatally stabbed teen over ice cream

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2013, 11:10 AM
WLS-TV Channel 7

http://i.imgur.com/tLeT7jg.jpg

September 9, 2013 (SAUK VILLAGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The mother of a slain Sauk Village teen has been charged in connection with his death.

Robin Erwin, 31, was charged with first degree murder for allegdly stabbing her son, 17-year-old Diontae Erwin, to death Saturday, police said in a statement.

Diontae was stabbed at his home in the 1700 block of East 223rd Street in Sauk Village, according to the Lake County, Ind., Coroner's office.

He was pronounced dead at 12:41 p.m. at Franciscan St. Margaret Health in Dyer, Ind., the coroner's office said. His death was ruled a homicide.

During the investigation, a man, Larry Gray, 21, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. A parole violation warrant was also filed against Gray. Police say a total of 130 grams of cannabis was seized from the home.

The defendant and victim had an argument over ice cream, police say. Witnesses heard the argument, during which Robin Erwin allegedly stabbed her sonone time in the chest below the clavicle which pierced his heart.

Police say Robin Erwin called 911 and claimed the victim walked into the knife. An autopsy was performed by the Lake County Medical Examiner's Office and determined the cause of death to be a stab wound to the chest and deemed it a homicide.

Bond for Robin Erwin was set at $750,000.

Friends brought flowers and other mementos to the house where Diontae Erwin lived. The death of the high school senior and aspiring rapper has stunned his longtime friends.

"He was like a brother to me. When he died, that just shut me down. I couldn't think. It just really hurt," said Darion Jackson, friend.

"It's really sad, is a real shame. He was a good guy... there for me whenever I needed him," said friend Saul Nunez.

Neighbors say police were called to the house for various disturbances several times a week since the family moved in a year and a half ago.

"We're all feeling it... wish we could have done something to change it," said neighbor Michael Carney.

Muddy
09-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Yo Bish! Get off my cream nookah...

perrhaps
09-10-2013, 01:41 PM
"I scream, you scream. We all scream for ice cream."

deebakes
09-10-2013, 01:58 PM
she was a 14-year-old mom :shock:

Noilly Pratt
09-13-2013, 05:23 PM
I imagine when this sorry excuse for a person eventually dies, St. Peter wont even check the balance sheet of good deeds vs bad. He'll just ask "what kind of ice cream", and then a trap door opens and its off to the Hell expressway and a waiting vat of that flavour ice cream for her to continually drown in.

Hal-9000
09-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I grew up with strict parents but the knife never came out over ice-cream.....chocolate cake however, was a different story

Acid Trip
09-13-2013, 06:37 PM
She needed to smoke some of that weed and chill out.

Muddy
09-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Was the ice cream purchased with a WIC certificate?