PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad Spinoff Better Call Saul, Featuring Saul Goodman, Announced

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2013, 09:28 PM
By Justin Ravitz - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/dLe2hdJ.jpg

Let's hope this is more like Frasier and less like After MASH. With three weeks to go before the (inevitably epic) series finale of Breaking Bad, a spinoff for the Emmy-winning smash is officially in the works -- starring one of the dark, dark drama's lightest, funniest characters. In a Wednesday Sept. 11 press release, AMC and Sony Pictures Television announced a "licensing agreement" for Better Call Saul, a spinoff that will center around slimy (but lovable) lawyer Saul Goodman, played on the show by Bob Odenkirk.

And lest Breaking Bad fans conjecture that this is a potential spoiler -- that Goodman will survive the expected bloodbath of the show's final three episodes -- Better Call Saul will be a "prequel," the release says, "that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White's lawyer."

On Breaking Bad, bumbling, sleazy Saul serves as lawyer -- and dirty-deal maker -- to anti-hero protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a cancer-stricken chemistry teacher turned meth overlord. "Better Call Saul" is Goodman's popular slogan that appears on local benches, billboards and TV ads.

Fodster
09-11-2013, 09:35 PM
This should be quite good, some of the things he comes out with are class.

Top 10 Quotes

Because of the announcement, we have compiled the top Saul Goodman moments.

Walter H. White: What are you offering me?
Saul Goodman: What did Tom Hagen do for Vito Corleone?
Walter H. White: I'm no Vito Corleone.
Saul Goodman: No Shit! Right now you're Fredo!

9. [Talking to Skyler after Walt introduced his wife to Saul] Walter never told me how lucky he was. Clearly his taste in women is the same as his taste in lawyers : only the very best... with just a right amount of dirty!

8. If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Walter White: How did everything get so screwed up?
Saul Goodman: Yeah, you do seem to have a little "shit creek" action going.
[pause]
Saul Goodman: You know, FYI, you can buy a paddle.

6. Did you not plan for this contingency? I mean the Starship Enterprise had a self-destruct button. I'm just saying.

5. As to your dead guy, occupational hazard. Drug dealer getting shot? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's been known to happen.

4. All right, $16,000 laundered at 75 cents on the dollar, minus my fee, which is 17%, comes out to $9,960. Congratulations, you've just left your family a second hand Subaru.

3. Saul Goodman: Mayhew. Is that Irish or English?
Walter White: Irish.
Saul Goodman: Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak.

2. [To a client who has been arrested] I'm gonna get you a second phone call, OK? You're gonna call your mommy or your daddy or your parish priest or your boy scout leader, and they're gonna deliver me a check for $4650.00. I'm gonna write that down on the back of my business card. Four, Six, Five, Zero, OK? And I need that in a cashiers check or a money order, doesn't matter. Actually, ah, I want it in a money order and ah, make it out to "Ice Station Zebra Associates." That's my loan out. It's totally legit... its done just for tax purposes. After that we can discuss Visa or Mastercard, but definitely not American Express, so don't even ask, alright? Any questions?

1. Better call Saul!

Hal-9000
09-13-2013, 03:10 AM
When he walked into the carwash wearing a bullet proof vest I barked out a laugh :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/snB29xR.jpg