PDA

View Full Version : California Mother Publicly Scolds Daughter for Twerking

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Daniel Rapaport - ABC News

<iframe id="kaltura_player_1378983182" height="360" width="640" style="border: 0px solid #ffffff;" src="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/embedIframe/entry_id/0_zeydarlu/widget_id/_483511/uiconf_id/5590821?referer=http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/girl-punished-roadside-school-dance-twerking-20213797&amp;flashvars[autoPlay]=false&amp;addThis.playerSize=392x221&amp;freeWheel.siteSe ctionId=nws_offsite&amp;closedCaptionActive=false&amp;addT his.playerSize=640x360&amp;closedCaptionsOverPlayer.fo ntsize=18">Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.</iframe>

Miley Cyrus’ twerking escapades have made mothers around the world fearful that their daughters also might be doing the risque dance.

When Frances Hena of Bakersfield, Calif., discovered that her 11-year-old daughter had been twerking at a school dance despite warning her not to, Hena turned to an unorthodox — if not cruel and unusual — method of punishment.

Jamie Hena was forced to spend two hours Monday afternoon at the busy intersection of California and Union holding a sign that read, “I was disrespecting my parents by twerking at a school dance.”

“I want her to realize that she is just a child and that she can’t do that,” Francis Hena told ABC affiliate KERO.

Twerking has seen a recent surge in popularity. The dance move involves rhythmic thrusts of the breasts and pelvis, which Frances says makes it inappropriate for a pre-teen.

“That’s ridiculous to even think that’s okay at a school dance,” Hena told ABCNews.com. “When she’s 18, she can do whatever she wants. As of right now, that’s not something she’s going to be doing.”

Hena found out about her daughter’s twerking through a friend. She said the school’s inaction and her daughter’s reaction fail to acknowledge the seriousness of the matter.

“I haven’t heard anything from the school still, and it’s just ridiculous to think that’s okay at a school dance,” she said. “I’m also not sure my daughter realizes how seriously I take this.”

Hena said she hopes the embarrassing punishment she imposed on her daughter will also be a deterrent to any would-be teen twerkers.

“It’s not something kids should be doing,” Hena said.

RBP
09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Eh. I think these stories are funny, but I don't know about public shaming as punishment.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Well, either they learn or they're permanently scarred for life. But hey, who isn't scarred in one way or another?

Muddy
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I think a better punishment would have been to take her phone and not let her attend any dances for the rest of the year.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Phone, computer, tablet, TV... let her do things the way we did things back in the 80s. Ground her for a month. Make her do chores she normally wouldn't have to do. And wait until her father comes home!!!

My parents were brutal.

8-[

Muddy
09-12-2013, 12:44 PM
The generation of entitlement is upon us.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
And wait until her father comes home!!!

Before my parents got divorced, that was the worst threat my mother could make towards me and my brother. When she threw that threat around, we behaved instantly and pleaded with her not to tell dad.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2013, 12:53 PM
My Mom was like "Your father's gonna hear about this!" and it wasn't a threat. It was a promise. I think my brother and I learned our high pain tolerance from our father and all the times we got in trouble and had to face him.

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
The reason it became a threat is because we learned after the first few times that we had to deal with punishment from dad that it was something we didn't want to happen ever again :P

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
We never made the same mistakes twice, we just found new and interesting ways of getting into trouble that hadn't been tried before.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Of course that was all back in the good old days when you could actually punish your kids without the threat of someone calling Child Protective Services :|

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2013, 01:06 PM
No shit. If anybody tried to discipline their kids the way my father disciplined us, that dude would be serving time.

Acid Trip
09-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Before my parents got divorced, that was the worst threat my mother could make towards me and my brother. When she threw that threat around, we behaved instantly and pleaded with her not to tell dad.

Same here. Now imagine your dad being an Airborne Ranger. Fucking scary.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Eh. I think these stories are funny, but I don't know about public shaming as punishment.

Why not, she had no problem twerking in public

Hal-9000
09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Same here. Now imagine your dad being an Airborne Ranger. Fucking scary.

My Dad, farmer from Saskatchewan > Airborne Ranger

Muddy
09-12-2013, 10:11 PM
My dad > Rambo

Hal-9000
09-12-2013, 10:13 PM
My Mom > Chuck Norris

she always feinted with her left and then used a quick right uppercut.....fell for it every.single.time.

:|

Acid Trip
09-12-2013, 10:20 PM
My Dad, farmer from Saskatchewan > Airborne Ranger

My dad grew up on a dairy farm so Farmer + Ranger > Hal's dad

:pwnd:

RBP
09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Why not, she had no problem twerking in public

Discipline is a family matter not a public one. One man's opinion.

Hal-9000
09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
My dad grew up on a dairy farm so Farmer + Ranger > Hal's dad

:pwnd:

Have you ever been to Saskatchewan? Bald-ass prairie as far as the eye can see...they were so poor that heated water was called gourmet soup..

his town was 112 people and all of them grew up grumpy and mean....

when my Dad said Jump, you didn't ask how high because his foot was in my ass demonstrating necessary elevation at that point

:lol: naw, he's a good guy....best father a kid could ask for actually

Acid Trip
09-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Damn, and I had a great visual of a huge dude lifting you high in the air by a boot in your ass.

:sad:

Hal-9000
09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
we fought constantly until I was 24...every day about every subject....they were epic battles

then I totaled my car and spent some time in the hospital...somehow that changed things for both of us...

Muddy
09-13-2013, 08:16 PM
we fought constantly until I was 24...every day about every subject....they were epic battles

then I totaled my car and spent some time in the hospital...somehow that changed things for both of us...

Now that he is 85 years old you should exact your revenge on him... Like Cato..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8QrOAghZ0

Hal-9000
09-13-2013, 08:23 PM
he's only 81 this year...he can still take me :(

Muddy
09-13-2013, 08:29 PM
he's only 81 this year...he can still take me :(

Not if you attack him when he is sleeping..

Acid Trip
09-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Not if you attack him when he is sleeping..

Or pooping.

Hal-9000
09-14-2013, 05:41 PM

or during Wheel of Fortune...he's always weaker when distracted