PDA

View Full Version : Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption -

KevinD
09-15-2013, 04:18 PM
While I can understand these guy's point (to raise awareness of laws) I can see how this was a publicity stunt as well. I am getting tired though of police arresting on "disturbance" basis, when they can't find any other reason to arrest.

Link to full article and vid to follow:

At least 3 men (one a war vet in a wheelchair) were arrested today, 9/13/2013, at the Texas Capitol in Austin, TX after State Troopers, not aware of the law, arrested them and then had to think of other charges to put on the men after finding out that it was not illegal for them to open carry the guns because pre 1899 black powder pistols are expressly exempted from the firearms law.

It was humorous to see (at about 8:50 into the arrest video below) the State trooper start reading the Texas firearms law and then go silent when he got to the part about pre 1899 black powder pistols being exempt from the law. Instead of admitting the mistake, they go ahead and charge the man with disorderly conduct/causing alarm with a gun. I completely support law enforcement and the Texas DPS Officers are a good group, but they are not perfect and this was wrong.
- See more at: http://texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-big-government/men-legally-carrying-firearms-arrested-texas-capitol-9/13/2013-troopers-not-005861#sthash.GDhKvW0m.StnATzfg.dpuf

http://texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-big-government/men-legally-carrying-firearms-arrested-texas-capitol-9/13/2013-troopers-not-005861

Richard Cranium
09-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Right with ya Kev,

would rather see these type of protests or what ever in shitty states, not needed so much in places like Tehas, IMHO

KevinD
09-15-2013, 04:25 PM
You'd be surprise Rich. Austin is the state capitol, thus a hotbed of all that's wrong with politics. It's where most Cali refugee's live in Texas. :lol:

Richard Cranium
09-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I get it, this Yankee boy spent lots of time all around Texas.. No matter how blue, the redest parts of Chicago are far more blue.

I'm not much of an activist, don't care for it much no matter the cause or affiliation.. But sometimes it is the quickest way to raise attention to a cause.

Loser
09-15-2013, 09:47 PM
I like indiana's law.

It's not a concealed carry permit, it's a permit to carry a firearm, and when I asked if I had to carry it concealed, the answer I got was this.

"You can tape it to your forehead if you want, we don't care, just don't go waving it at people."