PDA

View Full Version : Teacher, 28, charged 'after she had sex with 17-year-old male student'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-16-2013, 11:01 AM
By Paul Thompson - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/sXqmyb1.jpg

A high school teacher has been arrested and accused of having sex with one of her 17-year-old students.

The 28-year-old teacher, Diana Farnell, turned herself into police after being told she was wanted for an alleged sex crime. She was charged and released on Thursday.

Her arrest in Monroe, North Carolina, shocked parents and the students at the school where she taught English.

She has been accused of having sexual relations with a 17-year-old from the Union Academy Charter School in Monroe.

The incident is alleged to have started earlier this year.

Police said the investigation is ongoing and they have asked any other students who might have had inappropriate contact with Farnell to come forward.

Farnell is banned from having any contact with the victim and is not allowed near his home, school or work.

Farnell was arrested on a single charge of suspicion of sex with a student, however more charges may be brought against her.

She was taken to the county jail but later released on later released on $10,000 bond.

Farnell refused to comment on the allegations when approached by a local TV station Wsoctv.

'They teach all the ethics, all the morals, and it's just such a great school, and I hate that it's happened to them,' said Becky Zazeski, a parent.

She says her children didn't have Farnell as a teacher, but she heard about the charge.

Parents and teachers have expressed their wishes that the allegations weren't true.

At the school, a fellow teacher told the station off camera that she's heartsick about Farnell's arrest. She said Farnell was a good teacher and a good friend.

One father said his son had Farnell for English in the past, and he's waiting for all the facts.

'I don't want to be the judge and jury, so whatever allegations, you hope that it's not true,' said the Reverend James Shine.

redred
09-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Not guilty :tup:

Muddy
09-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Meh..

Pony
09-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Innocent. :tup:

deebakes
09-16-2013, 04:24 PM
acquit! :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-16-2013, 04:57 PM
:hitit:

Goofy
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
What they^ said :tup:

I'd like to see one of these stories where they interview a male parent and he responds with "the fuckin jammy bastard" :lol:

redred
09-16-2013, 05:03 PM
:lol:

deebakes
09-16-2013, 07:11 PM
What they^ said :tup:

I'd like to see one of these stories where they interview a male parent and he responds with "the fuckin jammy bastard" :lol:

is that a good thing or a bad one? :idk: