PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Mom Turns In Son After Seeing Him On Tape Robbing 85-Year-Old Veteran

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2013, 11:47 AM
By Evan Bleier - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/o5vm2oW.jpg

A Missouri mother turned her own son in to the police after she saw him on surveillance video robbing an 85-year-old military veteran.

Grandview police said 18-year-old Michael Bray has been charged for robbing the elderly veteran twice over the course of two days. The teen was charged in Jackson County Family Court with second-degree robbery, first-degree burglary and two counts of armed criminal action.

The veteran was badly beaten during the first robbery, and two days later a group of nine teens and young men came to his home to rob him. Bray was caught on tape by the man’s home surveillance video. A rifle, handgun, thousands of rounds of ammunition and a smartphone were taken during the robbery.

Bray's mother took him to the Kansas City Police Department's Center Patrol Station on Friday. According to court documents, Bray confessed to the crime in exchange for the opportunity to work out a plea deal with prosecutors. Bray has no previous felony convictions.

Shawn Smith lives two doors down from where the robbery took place. He thinks Bray's mother did the right thing.

"I think that's great," he said. "Parents by all means should not uphold their children when they know they are wrong. I know it's a tough decision to make. You're forced with protecting your child or loving your child and doing what's right. But at the end of the day, you have to do what's right, especially when they violate someone else's sense of privacy and security."

He added, "Hats off to her. She is a wonderful lady. Great job. I wish we had more parents like that."

In addition to Bray, a 14-year-old was also arrested and charged in connection to the robberies, KCTV5 reported.

DemonGeminiX
09-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Good job, Mom.

:clap:

deebakes
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
wow :shock: