PDA

View Full Version : Climate panel: warming 'extremely likely' man-made

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2013, 10:29 AM
KARL RITTER - The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/MW9jFJH.jpg

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Scientists can now say with extreme confidence that human activity is the dominant cause of the global warming observed since the 1950s, a new report by an international scientific group said Friday.

Calling man-made warming "extremely likely," the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change used the strongest words yet on the issue as it adopted its assessment on the state of the climate system.

In its previous assessment, in 2007, the U.N.-sponsored panel said it was "very likely" that global warming was man-made.

It now says the evidence has grown thanks to more and better observations, a clearer understanding of the climate system and improved models to analyze the impact of rising temperatures.

"Our assessment of the science finds that the atmosphere and ocean have warmed, the amount of snow and ice has diminished, the global mean sea level has risen and the concentrations of greenhouse gases have increased," said Qin Dahe, co-chair of the working group that wrote the report.

The full 2,000-page report isn't going to be released until Monday, but a summary for policymakers with the key findings was published Friday. It contained few surprises as many of the findings had been leaked in advance.

FBD
09-27-2013, 12:46 PM
no, we're really, REALLY sure this time. our models tell us we can have complete confidence :lol:

Acid Trip
09-27-2013, 02:19 PM
They are doubling down so they must be serious.

FBD
09-27-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm just going to sit back, laugh, and keep myself warm as the larger planets are not in position to amplify the solar cycle at ALL given their current config, which is going to mean the drawdown of 24 is going to suck, and 25 is not going to be powerful. And then we'll see just how little-to-do with reality the greenhouse model forecasts really are.

Acid Trip
09-27-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm just going to sit back, laugh, and keep myself warm as the larger planets are not in position to amplify the solar cycle at ALL given their current config, which is going to mean the drawdown of 24 is going to suck, and 25 is not going to be powerful. And then we'll see just how little-to-do with reality the greenhouse model forecasts really are.

They'll just claim that the emergence of green energy is what saved the planet.

FBD
09-27-2013, 06:06 PM
...as we watch the concentration of co2 in the air rise... :lol: cant get around that inconvenient lil fact

Acid Trip
09-27-2013, 06:29 PM
...as we watch the concentration of co2 in the air rise... :lol: cant get around that inconvenient lil fact

You know liberals, they have really short memories. They won't even remember co2 levels were part of the conversation.

deebakes
09-27-2013, 09:29 PM
:tinfoil:

:mrgreen: