PDA

View Full Version : Boater tried to climb aboard swimming moose

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2013, 11:02 AM
The Chronicle-Journal

A man from Dryden and another from Fort Saskatchewan, Alta., have been fined a total of $2,500 after the Ministry of Natural Resources received complaints about boaters harassing a cow moose.

Court heard that Dryden District conservation officers responded to public complaints on July 29 of people harassing a moose with their boat in Outlet Bay on Eagle Lake west of the city. Several witnesses provided evidence to the officers, including a video showing a boat circling a swimming moose.

After circling the moose, the boat went to shore and returned shortly after with three other adult passengers. The boat repeatedly drove in tight circles around the moose, preventing it from going to shore.

One of the men even jumped out of the boat and onto the back of the moose, court was told.

A boat owned and operated by one of the men was seized, but will be returned once the fines are paid, the ministry said.

The MNR says Ontario’s moose populations are carefully managed and subject to restrictions on harvest. Some of these populations are under pressure across Northwestern Ontario for a variety of reasons.

As prey animals, moose are biologically programmed to fear and will attempt to escape from predators, including humans. Inability to escape a predator can cause moose extreme physical exhaustion and stress, and even death, the ministry said.

FBD
10-02-2013, 12:03 PM
even in the water, I still wouldnt be fkn with a moose.

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I lived in Banff where the wildlife often walked right up to you and I've been face to face with an elk and a moose on separate occasions

good thing they're programmed for fear because both were quite large up close and the elk looked at me like I was going to be his dinner...herbivore or not :lol:

scale - hal = 6 feet and I was looking at his shoulders as he peered down at me

moose was larger overall than the elk and it bolted when I stepped too close (thank Christ)

redred
10-02-2013, 06:54 PM
oh come on , who hasn't had a few too many beers and tried to mount a moose:oops::oops:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 07:04 PM
I've done a pig and an elephant :oops:

deebakes
10-02-2013, 08:46 PM
porky's mom doesn't count as both of those things :hand:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 09:20 PM
porky's mom doesn't count as both of those things :hand:

:shock:

:popcorn:

perrhaps
10-03-2013, 03:29 PM
oh come on , who hasn't had a few too many beers and tried to mount a moose:oops::oops:

Or gotten a blow job in the Oval Office from a fat girl?

redred
10-03-2013, 03:45 PM
hey he smoked but didn't inhale :lol: