PDA

View Full Version : Are you smart enough to work at a start-up?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Victoria Craw - News.com.au

http://i.imgur.com/JDayjFS.jpg

EVER fancied yourself the next Mark Zuckerberg or David Karp?

Well, here's your chance to shine.

Sydney-based tech company Bigcommerce is recruiting engineers to work in their inner-city warehouse offices, fitted out with ping pong tables, Xboxes and nerf guns in true start-up vibe.

The only thing standing in your way is solving the ridiculously difficult riddle pictured above.

Once cracked, the code will generate a phone number that leads to a "batphone" in their Sydney offices.

The only problem is it's so tough, no one has managed to crack it yet.

Bigcommerce's vice president of Engineering Soren Harner said they were still waiting on a call to the office 'batphone', although it's definitely possible as it has been solved by staff in the office.

"We're looking for people who are constantly learning and hungry to improve their skills and find better ways to do things."

"The core values around working as a team, being smart and getting stuff done, keeping things simple. People identity with those values," Mr Harner said, adding that the company chose its unusual approach to recruitment to gain staff who were talented about problem solving.

"Traditional recruitment is hit and miss in that regard, you have to rely on your gut," he said.

"We want engineers who are enthusiastic and passionate and crack puzzles for fun. It also creates an element of scarcity. We are recruiting a lot of people but compared to the number of people who would like to work in a tech start up there is a scarcity."

Since rebranding in 2009, the company - which provides software for nearly 40,000 online businesses - has received $75 million in venture capital funding, including $40 million from the co-founder of AOL who also sits on the board.

Successful applicants will join about 65 others in the Sydney offices, as well as another 270 employees in the US.

dmni
10-03-2013, 11:29 AM
So the answer is, 80113871, but I wouldn't want to work for a company that thought being able to work out a base-36 number was an intelligence test.

Hal-9000
10-03-2013, 08:46 PM
the answer is 80113871!!!

8-[

Goofy
10-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Potato :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5lbHPAS.jpg