PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers Seek Better Prison Conditions for Boston Marathon Bomber Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2013, 09:45 PM
By Emily Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/EUOfEU8.jpg

Lawyers for alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have asked a federal judge to ease his prison restrictions, arguing that he was isolated and prevented from communicating with his legal team and family.

His lawyers argued that there was no reason to order special administrative measures for Tsarnaev, considering there is no evidence that he is any longer a threat.

They have also noted that their limited access to Tsarnaev prevents them from building a case against the death penalty.

“He is confined to his cell except for legal visits and very limited access to a small outdoor enclosure, on weekdays, weather permitting,” the motion filed by Tsarnaev’s lawyers read.

Additionally, his lawyers have argued that the restrictions are “punitive” and violate the due process guarantee clause in the Constitution.

They further argued that the effects of long term isolation are negative, and that the United Nations defines the practice as torture.

Federal prosecutors said that Tsarnaev was allegedly inspired to commit the bombings by terrorist groups and hoped to inspire others, noting that his intentions had not changed and he still posed a threat.

The 20-year-old currently faces 30 charges related to the April 15 bombing, including several terrorism charges that carry the possibility of the death penalty.

FBD
10-03-2013, 09:48 PM
They cant have him out there telling people he's still innocent and the CIA did it, now, cant they? :lol:

Acid Trip
10-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Nobody cares what his lawyers think.

Hal-9000
10-03-2013, 10:12 PM
"...due process guarantee clause in the Constitution."

He has a roof over his head, 3 meals a day and gets legal visits....

Once he's declared innocent, I'm sure his other rights will be restored :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Nobody cares what his lawyers think.

Hey, if his lawyer thinks that being isolated is too restrictive, then by all means we should accommodate them! Throw his client into GenPop and then let's see what happens. I'm thinking the taxpayers would end up saving a lot of money on a trial and continuing incarceration ;)

Hal-9000
10-03-2013, 10:19 PM
*pulls pocket inside out*

C'mon pretty....let's go walkin..

KevinD
10-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Maybe he'll wear his pants low in genpop....

Muddy
10-04-2013, 12:44 AM
I hear hes time magazines man of the year..

FBD
10-04-2013, 11:28 AM
If I were that kid I'd still be rippin pissed at having been set up :razz: