PDA

View Full Version : World's first trillionaire calls East Texas home... for a few hours

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2013, 10:52 AM
By Jamey Boyum - KLTV Channel 7

http://i.imgur.com/hZfePSi.jpg

TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

An East Texas man was checking his account online, as many of us do, when he saw his balance being higher than he remembered. A lot higher. With a lot more zeroes.

Yes, his bank statement said he had over four trillion dollars in his account.

I volunteered to become his friend.

The world's first trillionaire was projected to be Bill Gates, but Reggie Theus beat him to it.

"Lately you're known as the four trillion dollar man," I said to Reggie.

"Well, I was definitely surprised when I looked in my account and saw that much money in there" he laughed.

"I looked it up and there's never been a trillionaire before. I may be the first ever, so that's pretty neat to be able to say," Reggie said.

Reggie is an area director for Newk's in East Texas, and he's not the type to brag about his sudden wealth. He went to work as usual with few knowing of his riches.

After he served up a table, I told some customers about Reggie's windfall.

"Wow. He needs to be my friend even more then. Hey, Reg, come on back and let's talk about a loan," Andy Mack, a customer said.

"Oh, obviously a mistake," said Jim Murphy, another customer.

"Really? What's he doing here, then?" asked Shara Stanley who was about to sit down and eat.

"Did you ever think you'd see a number that big in your personal account?" I asked Reggie.

"No, never. I obviously wish it would have been real but it was great to see. I logged out and logged back in eight times just to see if it was still there, and every time it was still there.

Reggie said he would use three trillion to pay down the national debt. That would leave him with enough to get by.

"Hey, that's a good guy. He'd have enough to pay some of it down if he had that many trillions in the bank," Andy Mack commented.

‘Reggie the trillionaire," I said to Reggie.

"Has a nice ring to it," Reggie said.

Unfortunately, like a lot of people who find themselves rich, Reggie's fortune has just disappeared. Turns out it was a glitch during an online banking update.

So, for now at least, Reggie Rich is just plain Reggie again.

Reggie says he has only played the lottery a few times, but if they come out with a trillionaire scratch-off he'd play a lot more. He says a trillion is now his lucky number.

The bank asked Reggie not to identify them.

FBD
10-04-2013, 11:31 AM
damn, I was hoping to read he took out half of it and rolled dice with it

Hal-9000
10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
it's funny how if the bank makes a mistake you can't take advantage, but when you make a mistake the bank is all over it :lol: