PDA

View Full Version : Some teachers say Geico 'hump day' commercial is disruptive in classrooms

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2013, 10:58 AM
By Kim Lucey - Eyewitness News 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA

VERNON, CT (WFSB) -

It's gotten over 15 million hits on YouTube and has become one of the most memorable commercials to date.

It's the Geico Hump Day commercial, but it doesn't have everyone laughing. Some Vernon teachers say the phrase is catching on so much that it's becoming disruptive in their classrooms.

"Everybody's walking around in the hallways and saying its hump day in that weird voice," said Brooke Lewis, who is a student at Vernon Center Middle School.

Superintendent of Schools Dr. Mary P. Conway said some sixth-grade boys at Vernon Center Middle School started using the phrase so much, teachers said it was disruptive.

Students told Eyewitness News it doesn't just happen on Wednesdays, it's every day.

"Sometimes its the counting down to when it is," Lewis said.

Parents agree with teachers.

"OK, that's getting out of hand," said Mick Ruggiero, of Vernon. "Just keep it to Wednesdays and we'll be all right."

Students told Eyewitness News some kids have been called into the office, but Conway said this isn't a district, or even schoolwide issue. Conway said the teachers just wanted to nip it in the bud.

"I think it's all kind of silly," Ruggiero said. "I think there's bigger things to take care of in middle schools than that. Obviously you don't want the kids to be disruptive."

FBD
10-04-2013, 11:34 AM
:lol: know what I mean, vern

RBP
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Huuuump daaaaaaaay!

DemonGeminiX
10-04-2013, 12:21 PM
:wah:

deebakes
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
:facepalm: