PDA

View Full Version : Boy Punished By School After Getting Head Shaved As Part Of Cancer Fundraiser

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2013, 11:14 AM
By Andy Kossak - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/xv2AOew.jpg

A teenage boy who had his head shaved as part of a fundraiser for cancer research was not allowed to learn with the rest of his class for a day because of a school rule against having hair cut too short.

Rhys Johnson was taught in isolation at Milford Haven School in the United Kingdom after it said he broke its haircut rules, according to BBC News.

The 14-year-old Johnson had his head shaved as part of the Macmillan Coffee Morning. He had raised funds for the event and was involved after multiple members of his family have been diagnosed with cancer.

Johnson’s fellow classmates came to his defense and a large group of them walked out of school to protest his treatment.

“He helped a cancer charity, but he’s getting punished for doing something right,” student Ben Taverner told the Western Telegraph.

Johnson’s mother Lucy O'Neill noted the school had called to warn her about the short hair policy, but by then Johnson had collected a lot of the funds he had raised and didn’t want to turn back.

"So he said 'I've got to do this mam'," O'Neill said.

The school released a statement expressing its disappointment that many fellow students protested the discipline.

"While this morning's demonstration by some pupils was disappointing and ill-advised, lessons for the vast majority of pupils continued as normal."

Johnson’s mother was moved by the actions of his fellow students.

“I think the support he’s got is fantastic. It’s really overwhelming and the kids are doing for the right reasons,” O’Neill said.

Johnson will be allowed to return to regular class on Monday.

Goofy
10-07-2013, 11:49 AM
What's the problem with having a haircut? Fucking looney-rule making bastards :roll:

deebakes
10-07-2013, 01:00 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
10-07-2013, 06:18 PM
"hair...too...short" :facepalm:

stfu you eeembeciles :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
:-s

Private school?