PDA

View Full Version : Man blames upset stomach for going 111 mph through Logan Canyon

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2013, 11:28 AM
By Amy Macavinta - HJ News

A Garden City man who told a 1st District Court judge he led police on a 111 mph-chase through Logan Canyon because he was having a bathroom emergency will spend seven days in jail.

“That is one of the worst stories I have ever heard,” 1st District Judge Thomas Willmore said Monday.

Jeffrey Laub, 39, told Willmore he had eaten something that upset his stomach last spring when he was speeding through the canyon, trying to reach the rest area at the summit.

However, as Willmore pointed out in court, Laub drove past a number of outhouses along the roadway at the Beaver Creek turnoff, the Sinks, and the Limber Pine Trail.

Laub did not stop when pursued by a Utah Highway Patrol Trooper.

Before he was apprehended, prosecutors say Laub took the car offroading “Dukes of Hazzard-style.”

He was charged with failure to stop at the command of a police officer, impaired driving, reckless driving, speeding and open container.

In August, Laub pleaded guilty to failure to stop and impaired driving, both misdemeanor offenses.

Willmore sentenced him Monday to one year in jail for evading police and six months for driving while impaired, to be served concurrently. All but seven days were suspended.

Goofy
10-10-2013, 11:45 AM
:lol: Sorry, i was gagging for a shite

KevinD
10-10-2013, 10:01 PM
True story. Best excuse I've ever used for speeding (over 120mph) was years ago. I was coming home from Katy (west of Houston) on a divided 4 lane road, limited access, and no suburbs at the time. A officer pulled me over, asked me why I was going so fast. I pointed behind us at the tornado less than 1/4 mile away, heading toward us. He did the fat cop boogie back to his patrol car and proceeded to run before me lights and sirens.

minz
10-10-2013, 11:32 PM
I got pulled over for 120 mph in a 70mph zone (motorway) I was 7 months pregnant and told him the baby was sitting right on my bladder and I had to go NOW! He let me off with a warning. :)

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2013, 11:40 PM
I got pulled over for over 100, he told me he was considering taking me to jail but was nice enough to just give me an over $300 ticket :lol: