PDA

View Full Version : Muddy...

Hal-9000
10-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I found a certified Toyota bodyshop here and they're going to remove my hump next week! :dance:

Ironically, I go to physio today and the first car payment gets debited from my account as well today :lol: how coincidental..

I also sent a long email to Toyota Canada telling them what's happened and asking about policy regarding refunding cars that cause medical issues...and how my dealership treated me trying to find a solution. Corporate responded to my email as well as calling me today. Up here, Toyota won't return a car no matter what the issue is after purchase.

Was a little disappointing but at least I can take step one trying to augment the car to alleviate some of the ergonomic problems.

thought you may want to know :oops:

redred
10-10-2013, 06:39 PM
hope the hump removal helps out mate :tup:

Muddy
10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up.. I was hoping you had posted a picture of a girl with a hump though.

FBD
10-10-2013, 08:01 PM
:hand: hump day was yesterday

Hal-9000
10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
I got my hump removed this morning :cheerlead:

they just lifted the carpet, removed the plastic thingy and didn't charge me a dime

:shock: holy crap, way to go Toyota

deebakes
10-15-2013, 06:53 PM
are you still broken? :-k

Hal-9000
10-15-2013, 06:58 PM
yes but better after acupuncture and severe electricity treatment last week at physio...man, I couldn't walk on Friday, seem to be getting strength back tho...

it's the damn seats in the car....I had my buddy sit in it on Friday....he's about 5'8'' and 160 lbs....right away he noticed his ass sank way back in teh bucket part of the seat and then his legs were too high ( ass lower than knees, not good...) his legs started to fall asleep after driving it for about 10 minutes. He drives a Toyota truck so he noticed the difference right away...

so part of it is a seat I can't change, another part is me having having a damaged hamstring/knee process...

the hump removal will help for sure :tup:

Pony
10-15-2013, 08:58 PM
it's the damn seats in the car....I had my buddy sit in it on Friday....he's about 5'8'' and 160 lbs....right away he noticed his ass sank way back in teh bucket part of the seat and then his legs were too high ( ass lower than knees, not good...) his legs started to fall asleep after driving it for about 10 minutes. He drives a Toyota truck so he noticed the difference right away...

so part of it is a seat I can't change, another part is me having having a damaged hamstring/knee process...

the hump removal will help for sure :tup:

Too bad the seat doesn't have any tilt adjustment.

It would probably be possible to shim the back two bolts of the seat up a little. I would think you could get 1/2 inch easily, maybe up to 1 inch with longer bolts... Any more than that it might cause issues. Do you think tilting the seat forward a bit would help?

Hal-9000
10-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Too bad the seat doesn't have any tilt adjustment.

It would probably be possible to shim the back two bolts of the seat up a little. I would think you could get 1/2 inch easily, maybe up to 1 inch with longer bolts... Any more than that it might cause issues. Do you think tilting the seat forward a bit would help?

I don't think so....when you use the height adjustment the seat cants forward a bit.....how to explain...

the bucket is so deep (ass is low, portion under legs high) that even if I could tilt the entire seat forward, it would be the same situation...the lower portion of the bucket needs to be leveled with the rest of the seat. (side bolsters feel like two metal strips about 3 inches wide, either side of the seat)

so the 'belly' of the seat sinks, putting your ass too low, while the sides of the seat trap your legs in that position.

I made a cushion out of foam parts and the gel mat within the cushion itself...back half is about 3 inches tall while tapering down to nothing towards the front edge of the seat.

Is helping a little..

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I made a cushion out of foam parts and the gel mat within the cushion itself...back half is about 3 inches tall while tapering down to nothing towards the front edge of the seat.

Is helping a little..

I almost posted a suggestion to this effect...

Muddy
10-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Did you ever consider pulling the seats out and outfitting the car with a hospital bed?

Griffin
10-15-2013, 11:04 PM
... and they're going to remove my hump next week! :dance:

http://i.imgur.com/HPrbS.jpg

Hal-9000
10-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Did you ever consider pulling the seats out and outfitting the car with a hospital bed?

har :|

I'm not that sensitive....after doing a lot of reading and talking to a doctor, physio guy and ultrasound tech....this complaint is more common than you would imagine. I hope it never happens to you because once you buy a car....it's yours.

I can't help that a car seat/cabin area is made for people that are 5'2'' and weigh less than 150 lbs....they should come with warning signs for normal adults ffs! :x

Muddy
10-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Well god damn dude, you bought a compact car.. Even a Camry would be tight for someone 6 feets tall..

redred
10-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Toyota to recall 885,000 vehicles

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24576729 is this yours hal ?

Hal-9000
10-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Well god damn dude, you bought a compact car.. Even a Camry would be tight for someone 6 feets tall..

I really don't think that's true...I looked at mazda 3, hyundai elantra, ford focus, honda civic and they're all in the same class...some of those have shorter wheelbase and overall length...and none of those cars had the cramped ergonomics in the front.

It's a combo of leg space, seat length and positioning....my 2014 sucks pretty hard while being one of the largest in the class..

drove a 2014 Camry hybrid and there was tons of legroom...I even could put the seat forward....

Hal-9000
10-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Toyota to recall 885,000 vehicles

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24576729 is this yours hal ?

nope...mine is a 2014 corolla....those are Camrys, the next step up from compacts that Toyota makes

Muddy
10-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I really don't think that's true...I looked at mazda 3, hyundai elantra, ford focus, honda civic and they're all in the same class...some of those have shorter wheelbase and overall length...and none of those cars had the cramped ergonomics in the front.

It's a combo of leg space, seat length and positioning....my 2014 sucks pretty hard while being one of the largest in the class..

drove a 2014 Camry hybrid and there was tons of legroom...I even could put the seat forward....

I get all crazy when I feel cramped..

Hal-9000
10-18-2013, 03:10 PM
taking that left foot bump thingy is a game changer...still have to shift around a lot but overall = less leg and knee pain :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2013, 03:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eRF1O5u.jpg

Hal-9000
10-18-2013, 03:11 PM
I keep seeing Shaq in that Buick commercial :lol:

I'm not THAT big ffs ....

Muddy
10-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Im glad you have found a workable solution.. I hate to see you take a $10k hit.. Thats crazy big.

Hal-9000
10-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Im glad you have found a workable solution.. I hate to see you take a $10k hit.. Thats crazy big.

still up in the air mon frere...if I can find someone to pay me 19500 for it, it's gone....I'll take the 3000 or 4000 hit

it's too bad because I like the other things in the car....they finally added some nice features to the corolla and made it feel a little bigger in terms of ride/suspension..