PDA

View Full Version : Sex-sting suspect took wife, kid to meet '14-year-old girl' for sex, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2013, 11:50 AM
By Jerriann Sullivan, Orlando Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/lOd3Kfz.jpg

For months, Cliff Oshman chatted online with someone he thought was a 14-year-old girl.

Then, on Friday, the Daytona Beach man went to meet the girl at a grocery store for the first time and, according to investigators, to bring her into his family as his lover.

But Oshman didn't go alone. And she wasn't a teen girl.

Oshman, 64, brought his family — his wife and young daughter — to an Aldi supermarket on Mason Avenue in Daytona Beach, where police arrested him on child-sex solicitation and other charges.

"The wife and daughter were given a ride to the police department and during that ride [his wife] told detectives that the defendant and she were supposed to meet a 14-year-old girl for sex," the report said.

In March, Oshman posted an ad online saying he "was looking for someone to add to his cozy family and that the age of the person did not matter."

An undercover officer responded, posing as a 14-year-old girl and asking about Oshman's request for an additional family member, according to the arrest report.

Oshman is accused of chatting with the undercover officer and expressing a desire to have a sexual relationship with the teen from March to October.

"When people discover we are lovers, and find out your age, there will certainly be a scandal," Oshman is accused of saying, according to the arrest report. "We need to make a plan to handle it OK ... I sincerely would love you to be in my life."

Oshman allegedly sent photos of himself and his family to the officer in addition to several nude photos of himself.

He was arrested on felony charges of using a computer to solicit a child for sex, traveling to solicit a child for sex, using a two-way communication device to commit a felony and two charges of transmitting images harmful to a child.