PDA

View Full Version : Is Rihanna A Rip-Off? Angry Fans Criticize High Ticket Prices, Make More Lip-Synching Accusations

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2013, 10:37 AM
By the Radar Online Staff

http://i.imgur.com/N5blcdq.jpg

Rihanna made history on Sunday night when she became the youngest performer ever to sell out the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg. But South African fans will remember the show for another reason: Concertgoers were in an uproar post-show, complaining that Rihanna’s low energy and alleged lip-synching did not justify her high ticket prices.

“Ri-Ri Rip-Off!” blared the front page of The Star Johannesburg newspaper on Monday morning. Calling her performance “below-par,” the article cited “allegations that Rihanna was miming some of her songs, did not perform a single costume change, had not performed some of her biggest hits and lacked vitality.”

“It was obvious,” staff photographer Sharon Seretlo told the paper of RiRi’s supposed lip-synching. “You when when someone is lip-synching. I was in the Golden Circle [close to the stage]. I could see it.”

“I’m a die-hard Rihanna fan, but I was disappointed,” Seretlo continued. “It was like she didn’t give the energy we wanted from her.”

Fan Nicole Contini added, “… I don’t feel the ticket prices were fair considering the level of performance.”

Prices, though below, $100, were considered high for the local market.

Check out some of the other disappointed reactions from fans on Twitter:

@irCadillac I absolutely love Rihanna’s music, but she lip synced a lot, the crowd sang most of the songs & overall performance :((

— Karen aka Bubbles (@KBattaloo) October 14, 2013

I was lip syncing better to the backing vocals than she was- at least I knew the words. Not even an outfit change! Wtf #Rihanna

— Alexandra (@LeXi_B1710) October 13, 2013

Rihanna was lazy man..no costume change, lip synced 90% of the show and made us do ALL her high notes…mxm

— Zandile Vilakazi (@ZandylV) October 13, 2013

Yoh, #Rihanna gives new meaning to lip syncing. At least keep the microphone somewhere near your mouth, dear…

— Brent Ellis (@journobrent) October 13, 2013

The complaints keep rollin in.. Its confirmed Rihanna concert= Total Rip off @asvpxcoco

— Jade (@Jade_Lewinskii_) October 13, 2013

Rihanna’s Diamonds World Tour has been plagued with similar complaints of lip-synching, as well as delays and accusations of drug and alcohol abuse. The tour wraps up on November 15 in New Orleans.

Hal-9000
10-15-2013, 10:58 PM
mentioned it before...watched a concert she did years ago.

Singing was great, dancing was constant and performances were tight. It would have been a great show to see live...

then I watched a recent concert of her in Rio....she didn't sing half of her lines, encourages the audience to sing the other half...and walked around the stage in a daze, dragging her feet...she looked bored or really drunk for the most part.

If a singer is good....they can sit on a stool for 3 hours and sing, I don't mind. But when these 'performers' perform, they should at least give the fans their 200 bucks worth.

*performers - one who is an average singer, average dancer, does not write their own music or lyrics...has producers out the wazoo telling them how to do everything from singing a song, to appearing in public for autographs. See also - braindead overpaid people with above average looks :)

Muddy
10-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Whoever bought the guise that this fool was a great singer...

Hal-9000
10-16-2013, 03:25 PM
she warbles IMO.....just has a great producer/manager and fans that think she's good....like the gentleman sitting next to me who happens to be my boss :lol: