PDA

View Full Version : Family of 3 people fatally shot at Cracker Barrel restaurant in Ohio sues over safety issues

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2013, 10:53 AM
The Associated Press

CLEVELAND – The estate of a woman fatally shot along with her two daughters has sued a Cleveland-area Cracker Barrel restaurant, alleging it failed to protect them from her estranged husband.

The lawsuit was filed late Thursday in Cleveland by the brother of Katherina Allen. She was shot in April 2012 at the restaurant in nearby Brooklyn, Ohio.

The lawsuit seeks more than $125,000 in damages. It says the restaurant failed to properly train employees to handle a volatile situation.

Kevin Allen angrily confronted his wife at the restaurant and left, then returned and began shooting. Responding officers killed him.

Email and phone messages left Friday morning at the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store headquarters in Lebanon, Tenn., weren't immediately returned.

Pony
10-15-2013, 11:18 AM
:banghead:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2013, 07:51 PM
:banghead:

Don't you know that restaurant waitstaff are supposed to have the same training as US Army Rangers? :nono:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-15-2013, 08:10 PM
:pewpew:

Pony
10-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Don't you know that restaurant waitstaff are supposed to have the same training as US Army Rangers? :nono:

It's not Cracker Barrels fault, the army reserve post 1/2 mile down the road closed two years ago. (I pass both on my way to work)

On the other hand, I'd bet the employees at the restaurants that are in the ghetto would know how to handle a nut with a gun....

Acid Trip
10-15-2013, 09:34 PM
It's not Cracker Barrels fault, the army reserve post 1/2 mile down the road closed two years ago. (I pass both on my way to work)

On the other hand, I'd bet the employees at the restaurants that are in the ghetto would know how to handle a nut with a gun....

Yeah, they'd run and never look back.