PDA

View Full Version : Avril Lavigne is 'an Amazing Cook' Says New Husband Chad Kroeger

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2013, 10:18 AM
By K.C. Blumm - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/fJCk8BP.jpg

Nickelback singer Chad Kroeger can tell you exactly how long he's been married.

In an interview with ET Canada airing Tuesday, the 38-year-old who tied the knot with Avril Lavigne in July, says, "married life's good. It's been 94 days. I could give you, like, to the hour if needed."

The couple, who wed in France in a 14th-century castle, are still in the honeymoon phase but Kroeger says he's already learned a valuable lesson about marriage: "Happy wife, happy life," he laughs. "I think every man learns that quick. Really quick."

That prompted his wife to laughingly reply, "You're a good man."

Settling into life together, the pair have established some ground rules, like who gets possession of the remote control – it's the "Complicated" singer.

"He's such a gentleman, actually, that he's always like, 'What do you want to see?'" Lavigne admits. "We watched Harry Potter together."

"It was kinda fun to do the entire series together," Kroeger admits.

And when it comes to dinner, Lavigne's in charge too.

"I could burn water," Kroeger admits. "She's an amazing cook."

"I just go with the flow and kinda see what's in the fridge and then start," Lavigne says.

"Yeah, but you never miss," Kroeger interrupts. "I've never tasted one thing that you've put on the table where I was like, laughs 'I wish I had a dog.' That's never happened."

But it's not all quiet nights at home for the couple, who just released a duet, "Let Me Go." Lavigne's got a new album out Nov. 5 and Kroeger's recording new music with Nickelback. And even though they're busy with their careers, they're making time together a priority.

When Lavigne celebrated her 29th birthday in September with Mexican food and a Hello Kitty party, her husband flew 6,000 miles from Brazil to be with her.

"I surprised her by showing up," Kroeger admits.

"He got off stage and went right to the airport and flew many hours to make sure you were with me on my birthday and that was the best gift," Lavigne admits.

So Lavigne's returning the favor for Kreoger's birthday on Nov. 15. He'll be touring in Europe and she's got some surprises planned.

"How are you gonna get that new Ferrari all the way over to Europe for me, though," Kroeger teases.

One thing that she won't be surprising her new husband with anytime soon? A baby.

"I have a tour coming up," Lavigne says. "And the songs on the album and this whole project … that's my baby, my sort of priority now."

Looking at Kroeger, she adds, "You are my priority."

To which her doting husband replies, "Oh. Now I gotta buy her presents for that."

Hal-9000
10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
if she could make a decent plate of Kraft Dinner, I'd be amazed.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Oh, Canada! :canada:

Hal-9000
10-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh brother :meh:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Don't you be putting down the King and Queen of Canada :nono:

Hal-9000
10-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Dumb and Dumber?

if they're royalty I move we separate and become a sovereign nation (again)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Canadian Royalty :tup: