PDA

View Full Version : 'This Is What A Real Man Looks Like': City Council Member Accused Of Exposing Self After Bar Confrontation

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2013, 11:38 AM
by Dylan Wohlenhaus, KHQ Local News Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/E4YqxTI.jpg

SPIRIT LAKE, Idaho -

Spirit Lake City Council Member James "Jimmy" Brown is facing two misdemeanor charges of Indecent Exposure and Battery.

The Kootenai County Sheriff's office is investigating the alleged incident between Brown and Eric Vangemert, a Spirit Lake resident. Court documents accuse Brown of having a physical confrontation with Vangemert and exposing himself to Vangemert's wife and saying, "This is what a real man looks like".

Investigators say the confrontation happened outside Joe's Hole, a Spirit Lake tavern and grill.

In court documents Brown denies ever getting physical with Vangemert. Brown also told investigators, "That guy had one sole purpose in mind and that was to get me in trouble".

KHQ spoke to Vangemert over the phone on Monday and he admits to calling Brown a vulgar name but believes this was an "unprovoked" fight. Vangemert also told KHQ that the fight, he believes, stems from an incident between he and one of Brown's friends several years ago. According to court documents Brown asked Spirit Lake Police Chief Gene Marquez if he was "exempt from the law because I'm a city council member." A statement which Brown denies he exactly said.

The case is being investigated by the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office due to the potential conflict of interest with the Spirit Lake Police Department. KHQ also reached out to Spirit Lake Mayor Todd Clary. He said "No comment."

Brown has pled not guilty to both charges. He and his attorney have since asked for a jury trial.

deebakes
10-16-2013, 12:50 PM
:loser: