PDA

View Full Version : Police ask for condom ban in Edinburgh saunas

redred
10-23-2013, 08:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cz7Pz8T.jpg

Police want condoms banned from Edinburgh's licensed saunas.

Police Scotland has written to the city council arguing that if it grants licences for five saunas it should be on condition that no items of a sexual nature are allowed on the premises.

Sex workers' charity Scot-pep has condemned the police proposal saying it could lead to an HIV epidemic.

A council decision on new licence rules could end Edinburgh's more tolerant attitude to the sex trade.

Campaigners for a safer sex trade have said that any ban on condoms would not stop people having sex but it would result in unprotected sex and higher rates of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.

Earlier this year, six other saunas had their licences suspended following raids across Edinburgh.

Nadine Stott, a board member of the charity Scot-Pep, which campaigns for the rights of sex workers, said: "This goes against all basic common sense. It also places Scotland really out of step with the rest of the world.

"The World Health Organisation (WHO) just last week released guidelines on sex workers and HIV that specifically stated where countries use condoms as evidence of sex work that should be stopped immediately."

She added: "We are really shocked that, in private, the police have been quite clear to us. They said that the policy (on saunas) wasn't changing.

"We think this highlights how inappropriate the police are as a regulatory body of sex workers in a criminal context."

Public entertainment
A Police Scotland spokesman said: "Police Scotland recently provided reports to the Council Regulatory Committee in respect of a number of public entertainment licence renewals.

"In cases where there was evidence of criminality or premises operating out-with the conditions of their licence, objections were made to those licences being renewed.

"Police Scotland will continue to work with partners to inspect and report on licensed premises operating within Edinburgh in order to keep people safe.

"Whenever criminal activity, or licensing contraventions are detected within these venues, officers will respond appropriately and report all offences to the relevant authority."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24632997

Teh One Who Knocks
10-23-2013, 10:42 AM
So 'sauna' in Scottish means 'gay sex club'?

redred
10-23-2013, 10:51 AM
best ask goof on that one :lol:

Hal-9000
10-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Goof is going to be so pissed/ecstatic

redred
10-23-2013, 06:50 PM
scary thing is ,wonder if jez would ever francied trying a sauna in scotland

Hal-9000
10-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I bet Jez has haunted saunas around the world :lol:

Jezter
10-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I bet Jez has haunted saunas around the world :lol:
You are right about that! Been to sauna in almost every country I've been in (Spain and Slovenia have been spared from me)! Even during a cruise! :lol:
It is sad they are fucking sauna culture up in other countries...makes a Finn sad.

Hal-9000
10-23-2013, 09:04 PM
:lol: you metropolitan metrosexual

Jezter
10-24-2013, 05:59 AM
:lol: you metropolitan metrosexual

You want to try this new lotion I got? Makes my face sooo soft after a shower... it has some peppermint going on with it.

redred
10-24-2013, 07:21 AM
spot the flag game jezzie? :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/KbDigVk.jpg

Jezter
10-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Good old Boyz Town Massage&Pub. :lol:

redred
10-24-2013, 09:07 AM
where else can you get a pint and a reach around :lol: