PDA

View Full Version : 'Boobies' bracelet fight heading to Supreme Court

Teh One Who Knocks
10-30-2013, 10:41 AM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/VWaXyd6.jpg

EASTON, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania school district says it will take its fight against "I (heart) Boobies!" bracelets to the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Easton Area School District board voted 7-1 Tuesday night to appeal a decision rejecting its claim the bracelets are lewd and should be banned from school.

The 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals also determined the district didn't prove the bracelets are disruptive when it upheld a lower court's decision in August.

The bracelets are designed to promote breast cancer awareness among young people. Two girls challenged the school's ban in 2010.

Superintendent John Reinhart tells The Express-Times of Easton the ruling compromised administrators' ability to determine what is and is not appropriate in school.

Dissenting board member Frank Pintabone says the district should let the matter go.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-10-2014, 02:12 PM
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from a Pennsylvania school district that wants to prevent students from wearing "I (heart) Boobies!" bracelets to promote breast cancer awareness among young people.

The justices on Monday left in place a federal appeals court ruling striking down a ban on the bracelets. The ban was put in place by the Easton Area School District, which says the breast-cancer awareness bracelets are lewd in their use of sexual innuendo.

The lower court sided with two students who sued the district in 2010 with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union. Easton is one of several school districts around the country to ban the bracelets, which are distributed by the nonprofit Keep A Breast Foundation of Carlsbad, Calif.

Hugh_Janus
03-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I need one of these

PorkChopSandwiches
03-10-2014, 07:30 PM
:motorboat:

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 10:18 PM
yeah sure....all my Happiness is a clean hole rectal cancer bracelets were considered 'too obscene' :sad2:

deebakes
03-10-2014, 10:22 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/161i5tv.gif