PDA

View Full Version : Mother Who Dressed Her Son In KKK Halloween Costume: It’s A ‘Family Tradition’

Teh One Who Knocks
11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
By Sarah Rae Fruchtnicht - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/LCYTpnP.jpg

The Virginia mother who dressed her 7-year-old son in a Klu Klux Klan costume for Halloween claimed she did it because it’s a “family tradition.”

Jackson Black’s outfit garnered outrage and threats on Facebook after he was pictured trick-or-treating in Craigsville last week.

His mother, Jessica Black, defended the outfit on Saturday, saying she agrees with the Klan’s “stance” against racial mixing and homosexuality.

“It’s supposed to be white with white,” said his mother. “Black with black. Man with woman, and all of that. That’s what the KKK stands for. The KKK every year raises money to donate to the St. Judes.”

She told ABC that she doesn’t see anything wrong with the KKK, who she says has a local presence in her community.

She said her brother was a Klansman for Halloween when he was in kindergarten and when he was 13.

She said warned her son that people would disapprove of the outfit.

“I did tell him that if you do it, you know there’s going to be people talking about you, there’s going to be people saying bad things about you when you do wear it,” Black told WHSV.

Jackson said he first saw a Klan outfit in the 1991 film “Fried Green Tomatoes.”

Black says when she asked him why he wanted to wear it and he said, “Cause it was cool.”

“What was cool about it?” a WHSV reported asked Jackson.

“The hat part,” he said.

Their Craigsville neighbors didn’t think the outfit was cool.

“I just think it’s really sad that a kid is being taught that. That young, because they don’t know any better. You don’t hear that much about it,” said Wendi Sprouse, who saw the child in the controversial costume.

The KKK, also called “The Invisible Empire,” is undergoing resurgence in Virginia with three chapters being revived, holding rallies and seeking new members in the state, according to Yahoo News. These KKK rallies often center on the election of a black president, gay rights and changes in the black population.

They say they are not a hate group, but rather a white pride group.

“The blacks have the NAACP [The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People], the Mexicans La Raza, and the Jews have the ADL [the Anti-Defamation League],” said Stan Martin, member of the Rebel Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. “We whites have the Ku Klux Klan.”

deebakes
11-05-2013, 12:42 PM
:facepalm:

redred
11-05-2013, 02:31 PM
is that muddy ?

deebakes
11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
:rofl:

Muddy
11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Just because I call a spade a spade doesn't make me a racist. It makes me a realist.

Hal-9000
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Jackson Black.........

deebakes
11-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Just because I call a spade a spade doesn't make me a racist. It makes me a realist.

spade :shock:

Goofy
11-05-2013, 05:38 PM
The Virginia mother who dressed her 7-year-old son in a Klu Klux Klan costume for Halloween claimed she did it because it’s a “family tradition.”

Lynch mobs are a tradition too :villagers:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Jackson Black.........
Hahahaha, I was thinking the same thing, could he have been named any blacker. Why didnt they go with Tyrone

Hal-9000
11-05-2013, 06:04 PM
like one of my favorite characters on Boardwalk Empire...Chalkie White :dance:

Hal-9000
11-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Hahahaha, I was thinking the same thing, could he have been named any blacker. Why didnt they go with Tyrone

I think there's some law about naming white kids Tyro....

can't finish :lol:

Muddy
11-05-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjaW9sXl7s