PDA

View Full Version : Middle school football coach to hold team party at Hooters, loses job as result

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
by David Mitchell - FOX 31 Denver

http://i.imgur.com/beqAsJa.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. — A middle school football coach in Portland, Ore. said he was willing to lose his job rather than back down from a decision to hold a team party at a Hooters restaurant.

Coach Randall Burbach lost his jobs.

He wanted to take his Corbett Middle School football team to Hooters for their awards ceremony as a way to say job well done.

“If they do as well as the Hooters did for my boys when they were 12, it will be a great experience,” Burbach says.

The school’s athletic director didn’t think it was such a good idea and he says he spoke to a number of people who agreed with him.

The A.D. says he gave the coach the chance to take his team to a less controversial restaurant but he refused.

“Not allowing myself to be bullied by the vocal minority, is the war I want to win, is the only war I can win right now,” Burbach says.

He lost. The volunteer coach is off the team.

He’s still planning to hold the event at Hooters, but he’s dropping the school name from the event.

Hooters is a national restaurant chain with a sports bar atmosphere that features waitresses in revealing outfits.

FBD
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Do they forget that Hooters is a "family restaurant" :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2013, 01:45 PM
There's nothing at Hooters that's worse than what a kid would see at any beach or water park during the summer. In fact, those places would be way worse.

Prudish parents :roll:

Hal-9000
11-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I've only been once....and couldn't stop touching myself while eating and drinking :oops:

I think there's more appropriate restaurants for school related outings

Goofy
11-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Fags

Hal-9000
11-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Dr Brain's Faggots???? :face: