PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleading Coach Accused of Having Sex With Student

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2013, 12:29 PM
By David Chang - NBC 10 Philadelphia

http://i.imgur.com/5GiM6CF.jpg

Police arrested a Berks County cheerleading coach after she allegedly had sex with a student.

Pennsylvania State Police were asked to investigate a tip accusing Nicole Kurowksi of engaging in a physical and sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male student at Tulpehocken High School from October 2012 to August 2013. Kurowksi taught physical education at the school and was also the cheerleading coach.

Investigators say they recovered thousands of text messages and dozens of pictures exchanged between the two. Police say Kurowski and the teen had daily conversations both during and after school. They also say the text messages revealed a romantic and sexual relationship between the two.

According to police, the two met on several occasions at the school as well as the Southgate Apartment complex, the Reading Expo Center and other locations in Berks County.

Police say Kurowski surrendered to authorities on Wednesday. She was charged with institutional sexual assault and released on $25,000 unsecured bail.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-08-2013, 02:22 PM
:hitit:

FBD
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Police arrested a Berks County cheerleading coach after she allegedly had sex with a student.

:-k does that mean the allegation alone is sufficient for an arrest? they always leave the details out of these stories.

and then all of a sudden, "investigators uncover all this shit."

are these people just giving up their 4th and 5th amendment rights voluntarily, is that how they are getting hammered for shit like this?

Hal-9000
11-08-2013, 02:53 PM
it's the internet, I blame the internet for this type of behavior

if there weren't texts and pictures, young Jimmy wouldn't have been tempted

net = evil

DemonGeminiX
11-08-2013, 05:57 PM
:-k does that mean the allegation alone is sufficient for an arrest? they always leave the details out of these stories.

and then all of a sudden, "investigators uncover all this shit."

are these people just giving up their 4th and 5th amendment rights voluntarily, is that how they are getting hammered for shit like this?

It's been customary for the media to label the accused with an 'alleged crime' for ages. They only drop the idea of it being an allegation after a conviction.

FBD
11-08-2013, 06:00 PM
yeah, I'm just thumbing my nose at these stories never saying how these things get found out...its just "it got found out"

DemonGeminiX
11-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Believe it or not, it's not looked upon favorably for a case to be tried in the court of public opinion, so investigators will be as vague as possible regarding details given to the media while building their case.

Noilly Pratt
11-08-2013, 06:27 PM
it's the internet, I blame the internet for this type of behavior

if there weren't texts and pictures, young Jimmy wouldn't have been tempted

net = evil

[-( Nope. As I've posted before, it happened in my high school...1983. :nana: I know you were being funny, but this thing has been going on for a while...

yeah, I'm just thumbing my nose at these stories never saying how these things get found out...its just "it got found out"

In our case it was because the student couldn't keep his big mouth shut about doing the hot gym teacher...one person said something to someone else, and the whole school knew.

Hal-9000
11-08-2013, 06:52 PM
on a semi-serious note....hasn't this behavior become overwhelmingly prevalent in the past few years? Women teachers, young boys....

or maybe it happened in years past but it wasn't reported?

I'd say that the behavior has increased in the past few years and part of me does blame the net/phones/pics/texts...

RBP
11-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I think female predators are either becoming more common or it's more recognized for what it is. Probably both.

FBD
11-08-2013, 10:00 PM
nah, they're like tornadoes...happen all the time, we've just got better measurement devices these days :lol:

Hal-9000
11-08-2013, 10:32 PM
:lol:

how do you know FBD.....did someone touch your no-no place when you were in school?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd say that the behavior has increased in the past few years and part of me does blame the net/phones/pics/texts...

You blame the behavior on better forms of communication?

RBP
11-09-2013, 04:47 PM

Motive requires opportunity to become a crime. The internet and cell phones have created a lot of nefarious opportunities.

Hal-9000
11-09-2013, 07:10 PM

more like easier ways to tease, more private communications as compared to face to face...people are visual creatures

What RBP mentioned is very much on my mind...