PDA

View Full Version : Bar's promotional Facebook post stirs controversy

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Ashley Glass - ABC Action News

http://i.imgur.com/PhftHPu.jpg

TAMPA, Fla. - The Fire Bar and Grill in Tampa, Fla., said a post on their Facebook page isn't a matter of edge or promotion taken too far, but rather an accident.

The post, which has since been deleted, read "Ladies night at Fire tonight. Ladies get $2 martinis and $3 wines. Guys get drunk ladies." The post was followed by a wink-face emoticon.

College student Carley Donovan said she was offended by the post, ABC Action News reported.

"Wow that's pretty disturbing," Donovan said. "I read it and I was like, ‘No, that can't be right.’ It's almost advocating for men preying on drunk women."

Donovan said the post sends a terrible message. "Sexual violence is a prominent problem in our society and not to be taken lightly and something we need to take steps to reduce," she said.

"I think it comes down to understanding your target audience," said Kate Whatley, an account for a digital advertisement agency. "There are definitely ways to draw a line for social content and brands can decide ahead of time how far they want to go with edginess."

Fire Bar and Grill manager Marina Decennia said she doesn't advocate the dangers that sometimes accompany intoxication.

"We would never post something about taking advantage of intoxicated women. An unauthorized employee somehow got onto our Facebook and posted an inappropriate post," Decennia said. "I'm a lady. I'd never want someone to be like 'Come to Fire, where we have 3 wines and martinis and you can get into and guys can take you home.' No, absolutely not."

The post was seen on the bar's Facebook page of about 1500 followers for about 20 hours.

"I'm very sorry. That's completely inappropriate," said Decennia.

RBP
11-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes, because all men seek to rape drunk women. It's our nature, it's what he do. And women never get drunk of their own volition, it is always because a man is intentionally manipulating them for the purpose of raping them.

It would be better if it were like a grade school dance. Boys on one side, girls on the other. If they mix, it is observed and chaperoned with no inappropriate touching. That's the only way to keep us rapists at bay.

FBD
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
of course it isnt appropriate, but to make it out like we're the inhabitants of tahrir square is just way too far

PorkChopSandwiches
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Its supposed to be an unwritten rule

perrhaps
11-08-2013, 03:58 PM
What kind of pathetic loser even looks at a bar's Facebook page ? it's a bar, for Christ's sake! I'll bet it serves alcohol to adults.

If I don't like it, I won't drink there. If I wasted my time by looking at it's Facebook page, and didn't like what I saw, I'd go somewhere else.

End of fucking story!

PorkChopSandwiches
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM
:hand: We need to cater to the 1 idiot that has an issue with anything, common sense is no longer common, and everything is offensive.

Hal-9000
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
we used to drink at a friend's place until 1am, hit the bar SPECIFICALLY to pick up the hosed women nearing last call :thumbsup:

the wimmins knew it, we knew it and the wheel of life kept on turnin baby

RBP
11-08-2013, 11:20 PM
we used to drink at a friend's place until 1am, hit the bar SPECIFICALLY to pick up the hosed women nearing last call :thumbsup:

the wimmins knew it, we knew it and the wheel of life kept on turnin baby

You're a predatory rapist by current cultural standards.

Hal-9000
11-08-2013, 11:23 PM
You're a predatory rapist by current cultural standards.

:hand:

Only if she's hot

seriously, I get rankled at that BS too...if we're not careful, we'll all be stuck in rooms communicating only with electronic devices and have to get passes to interact face to face....

wait, wut?? :lol:

RBP
11-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes. Real touch requires a legal document these days.

Hal-9000
11-08-2013, 11:27 PM
I just described my current lifestyle :doh:

Hal-9000
11-08-2013, 11:29 PM
it's funny how open we are in some ways (talk about anything electronically, nothing offends, everyone seems to be willing to get down and dirty no matter how young or old), yet in other ways we've regressed back to the 1950's where everything is lascivious and wrong...when really....nothing is happening at all :lol:

such a dichotomy of morals...