PDA

View Full Version : Joan Rivers to Jennifer Lawrence: You're Arrogant

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2013, 08:17 PM
By Wade Rouse - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/QI9TPD5.jpg

It's becoming an all out fashion war between Joan Rivers and Jennifer Lawrence.

Rivers, 80, is firing back at the 23-year-old actress after she criticized her E! show Fashion Police for teaching young people "the wrong values."

"There are shows like the Fashion Police that are just showing these generations of young people to judge people based on all the wrong values and that it's OK to point at people and call them ugly or fat," The Independent reported Lawrence as telling Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer while promoting The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. "We have to stop treating each other like that and stop calling each other fat."

Rivers immediately took to social media to respond with cutting humor.

"WAIT! It just dawned on me why Jennifer Lawrence fell on her way up to the stage to get her Oscar," Rivers quipped on Twitter, referencing Lawrence's famed tumble after being named Best Actress for Silver Linings Playbook. "She tripped over her own arrogance."

The Fashion Police host didn't stop there.

"It's funny how Jennifer Lawrence loved @E_FashionPolice during Awards Season when we were complimenting her every single week," Rivers wrote. "But now that she has a movie to promote, suddenly we're picking on all those poor, helpless actors."

Goofy
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Why's there a picture of a mannequin next to Jennifer Lawrence? :-k

Hal-9000
11-13-2013, 08:40 PM
badly assembled mannequin...yikes

Goofy
11-13-2013, 08:45 PM
badly assembled mannequin...yikes

Looks like it's melting :(

Hal-9000
11-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't understand how stating that the fashion industry and associated TV shows are making young girls too body conscious...how is that arrogant?

J-Law is saying be yourself and don't listen to that shite....good message :thumbsup:

Pony
11-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Looks like it's melting :(

It's made of wax and is full of hot gas.

deebakes
11-14-2013, 02:39 AM
:facepalm: