PDA

View Full Version : Obama Admin. Posts Low Health Care Signups

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2013, 08:41 PM
By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR and LAURIE KELLMAN - Associated Press

The administration says fewer than 27,000 people managed to enroll for health insurance last month in the 36 states relying on the problem-filled federal website for President Barack Obama's overhaul.

The dismal numbers released Wednesday by federal health officials were even lower than estimates recently circulated. There was one bright spot: States running their own websites did better than the feds, reporting more than 79,000 sign-ups.

Even so, total private insurance enrollment after the first month of the health care rollout was only about one-fifth what the administration had expected during that time period.

Enrollment numbers totaled 106,185. A Sept. 5 administration estimate had projected that 494,620 people would enroll in the first month.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says she expects things to improve.

FBD
11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
....and then you factor in the ~70% cancellation rate on that 106,000 who actually at one point had the product in their cart and then canceled out of it without completing the process...

and you wind up with around 36,000 people...out of ...hahahahahahaha....how many are there in the usa, 313 million?

.000000115% or so? :rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Dont forget to factor in all the people who already had insurance, that is now canceled

FBD
11-13-2013, 08:57 PM
:hand: we cant start handing out negative numbers, now

PorkChopSandwiches
11-13-2013, 09:59 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2013, 10:28 PM
I like how even with the padded numbers (how on earth does someone putting a plan in their cart but not yet paying for it count as 'signing up'?) they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay below where they needed to be at this point in the enrollment process.

And I'm gonna bet that a majority of those that actually did buy a plan are the old and/or high risk people with pre-existing conditions, not the young and healthy people that they need to sign up to make this even remotely feasible.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Exactly, or just Obamas made up twitter followers the NSA is pushing through

Griffin
11-14-2013, 12:56 AM
kind of like how he had more votes than there were registered voters in much of the country.

deebakes
11-14-2013, 01:47 AM
:canada:

FBD
11-14-2013, 12:38 PM
I like how even with the padded numbers (how on earth does someone putting a plan in their cart but not yet paying for it count as 'signing up'?) they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay below where they needed to be at this point in the enrollment process.

And I'm gonna bet that a majority of those that actually did buy a plan are the old and/or high risk people with pre-existing conditions, not the young and healthy people that they need to sign up to make this even remotely feasible.

because thhey know they can flat out lie and count on the MSM to faithfully parrot it so that half the country only thinks there's a few problems instead of it being the absolute catastrophe it is.