PDA

View Full Version : Jealous woman makes partner take a LIE DETECTOR test every time he leaves the house

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2013, 12:16 PM
By Andy Wells - The Daily Star

http://i.imgur.com/FIeoFkw.jpg

Debbi Wood, from Leicester, doesn't stop at lie detector tests either - she also checks his phone, email accounts and bank statements several times a day to find any hint of infidelity.

But the 42-year-old doesn't just have a problem with trusting her partner Steve Wood - she is suffering from Othello Syndrome, a psychiatric disorder that causes sufferers to believe their partners have been unfaithful - even if they have no evidence of it.

The pair began dating two years ago after meeting through a friend, and despite Steve having to put up with being banned from watching women on TV or looking at pictures of them in magazines, he's stuck by her.

And now Debbi is relieved after being diagnosed with the disorder in September - but admits she has a way to go before she can overcome her issues.

http://i.imgur.com/tMsDDxk.jpg

She said: "I'm relieved to finally know what's wrong with me but I still have a long way to go.

"Even if Steve pops out for 15 minutes to buy a pint of milk, I make him take a lie detector test as soon as he gets home.

"I get so worried that he's been eyeing up the shop assistant that I just have to know the truth."

Experts think that Debbi's condition can be linked to an earlier relationship falling apart.

She spent 10 years in America before moving back to the UK due to her long-term relationship coming to an end.

http://i.imgur.com/8Vndjvz.jpg

The breakdown left her heartbroken and she swore she would never get into another relationship, until she met Steve, 30, on Facebook a year later.

She said: "I didn't mean to fall in love again after my last relationship but Steve stole my heart."

Steve was later discovered to have been seeing another woman around the time he met Debbi.

He claimed that his long-distance affair with Debbi meant he wasn't sure of they were an exclusive couple.

Debbi forgave him but began to wonder if he would ever remain faithful to her, and when they moved in together, she began to monitor his every move.

Childproof filters were installed on his laptop and mobile phone to stop any saucy pictures being viewed and his viewing habits were put under strict control.

Debbi, who also suffers from bipolar and body dysmorphic disorders, added: "One night, an advert for a women's razor came on television and I felt panicky thinking that Steve was eyeing the model up.

"The only thing that could put my mind at rest was banning him from watching any programmes that have women in them.

http://i.imgur.com/BG5RP1P.jpg

"Now, I won't even let him watch The Weakest Link in case he fancies Anne Robinson but I'm scared he'll have a sneaky look when I'm in another room.

"That's why I decided to order the lie detector online. It was my only way of knowing for sure if Steve's eyes were wandering."

Virtually housebound for six months because of her disorder, Debbi now takes anti-anxiety pills and undergoes therapy - and hopes to marry Steve once she deals with her issues.

Unemployed Steve admitted life with Debbi could be tough - but insisted she was worth it.

He said: "Sometimes, I get nervous and the lie detector test results come back inconclusive because my heart is hammering, which makes Debbi doubt me.

"I just have to tell her I haven't cheated and pray she believes me.

"I'm willing to put up with it, because I know we're soulmates.

"She's so special to me and a bit of jealousy here and there won't change that."

Othello Syndrome is named after the Shakespeare play, where the character of Othello murders his wife Desdemona after suspecting she is cheating on him.

FBD
11-15-2013, 12:35 PM
what a hideous beast. and crazy, too. Steve, you're one dumb son of a bitch.

Acid Trip
11-15-2013, 05:17 PM
When did Jez move to England and lose most of his hair? :lol:

Noilly Pratt
11-15-2013, 05:49 PM
She'll will it to happen. Treat a man like a prisoner, and he will become a criminal. Treat a man like a cheat...

redred
11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
i would have posted as something as ugly as that in hal's hole :puke:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Wow, what a beast.

Hal-9000
11-15-2013, 08:41 PM
When did Jez move to England and lose most of his hair? :lol:

:burn:

Hal-9000
11-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Jabba the Hutt wouldn't hit that bitch

RBP
11-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Your soul mate puts a child filter on your computer? :hills:

Also, :puke:

Also, I hope she is able to resolve her psychiatric problems, good for him for standing by her.

Hal-9000
11-16-2013, 08:37 PM
*beside her*

RBP
11-16-2013, 09:34 PM
*beside her*

Are you correcting my grammar? Are you calling Tammy Wynette a liar? :x

Hal-9000
11-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Hell no....by her indicates a certain closeness of proximity...

:lol: best he can get is about two axe handles away

Hal-9000
11-16-2013, 09:45 PM
I bet even her nipples scowl....

yikes

RBP
11-16-2013, 11:02 PM
:lol:

Acid Trip
11-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Your soul mate puts a child filter on your computer? :hills:

Also, :puke:

Also, I hope she is able to resolve her psychiatric problems, good for him for standing by her.

*beside her*

I think the gravitational field she creates is actually sucking him in slowly but surely.

Hal-9000
11-18-2013, 07:05 PM
I masturbated to her pic on the weekend :oops:

she's growing on me :dance: