PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python team to reunite

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
by Bang Showbiz

http://i.imgur.com/03VEI3Y.jpg

The Monty Python comedy team are getting back together.

The surviving members of the legendary British collective of comedians are set to announce their return 30 years after their final film, 'The Meaning of Life', was released.

John Cleese, 74, Terry Gilliam, 72, Terry Jones, 71, Eric Idle, 70, and Michael Palin, 70, are expected to make a high-profile official announcement about their comeback next week, despite John previously saying it would be ''absolutely impossible''.

A source told The Sun newspaper: ''No one ever thought this was possible, but it's 100 per cent happening. They knew it was a case of now or never. This will be a fully-fledged reunion - it's huge news for the entertainment world ... It's a testament to their very significant cultural impact that Python fans have never given up on a reunion, even though it's decades since they were last together.

''Now their wishes have come true. There's going to be huge anticipation about what they decide to do when they reunite.''

Monty Python - which also included the late Graham Chapman, who died in 1989 - were responsible for some of modern comedy's most surreal moments including the infamous Parrot Sketch, about a disgruntled customer trying to return a dead parrot to a pet shop owner and the film 'Monty Python's Life of Brian', which followed the exploits of an ordinary man mistaken for a messiah in ancient times.

Previous attempts to reunite the group happened in 1999 with a planned US tour, which collapsed after Michael dropped out.

Last year, Terry Jones tried to get them to voice alien characters in a film he was directing called 'Absolutely Anything', but that project also fell through.

After Graham's death from spinal and throat cancer, Eric once quipped: ''We would only do a reunion if Chapman came back from the dead. So we're negotiating with his agent.''

redred
11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
i got 2 tins of spam free with my paper today because of this :lol:

FBD
11-19-2013, 03:29 PM
I have to say, I've never had spam...nor have I ever been inclined to try it :lol:

redred
11-19-2013, 04:52 PM
it's not the best :lol: my other half likes it and it was free

Hal-9000
11-19-2013, 05:02 PM
i got 2 tins of spam free with my paper today because of this :lol:

:lol:

Goofy
11-19-2013, 06:13 PM
it's not the best :lol: my other half likes it and it was free

You should try spam, spam, spam, spam, beans and spam :thumbsup:

Oh, and :woot: for Python reunion!!

Noilly Pratt
11-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Oh, dear don't make a fuss, I'll 'ave your :spam:

"By Bang Showbiz" - Wasn't he in Toad the Wet Sprocket?

I'm looking forward to this as well.

Goofy
11-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh, dear don't make a fuss, I'll 'ave your :spam:

"By Bang Showbiz" - Wasn't he in Toad the Wet Sprocket?

I'm looking forward to this as well.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries [-(

Noilly Pratt
11-19-2013, 07:04 PM
I fart in your general direction!

Goofy
11-19-2013, 07:05 PM
I fart in your general direction!

That's too good a line, i can't come back from that :lol: I can even hear it in his daft French accent right now :mrgreen:

Goofy
11-19-2013, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2013, 07:08 PM
No poofters :hand:

Goofy
11-19-2013, 07:16 PM
No poofters :hand:

Yeah....... and i don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out :nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Contact Music

Monty Python's reunion show sold out in just 43.5 seconds today (25.11.13).

The British comedy troupe announced last week they had reformed for a one-off live performance but with demand for tickets so high the group have added a further four dates at The O2 in London, which has a 20,000 capacity.

Member John Cleese, 74, had hinted they may do more than one performance, but only if public interest justified it.

Speaking on 'The Andrew Marr Show' on Sunday (24.11.13), Cleese said: ''If we can add some shows we will but it will entirely depend on if the tickets sell. We always say that when we get together, we laugh more than at any other time in our lives so it's kind of fun.''

When the Pythons - also comprised of Terry Jones, 71, Terry Gilliam, 72, Michael Palin, 70, and Eric Idle, 70 - announced their return last week they said there would be some new material in the show and some older jokes would be updated for a modern audience.

However, Cleese insists they must be careful about what original stuff they do include because their audience wants to watch and laugh at their greatest sketches, gags and songs from their TV series 'Monty Python's Flying Circus' and films.

Cleese said: ''We have to be very careful about doing new stuff. It's not a theatrical presentation, it's like a rock concert and when people go to rock concerts they want to hear the old songs and they're actually literally disappointed if you do new material.''

Sixth Monty Python member Graham Chapman died in 1989 at the age of 48 but he will feature in the 'Monty Python Live (Mostly) stage shows.

For tickets and information visit MontyPythonLive.com