PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Rob Ford tackles Toronto city councillor

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Prachi Gupta - Salon

http://i.imgur.com/Rb3bHTV.jpg

Toronto’s City Council descended into chaos on Monday afternoon during a debate about stripping Mayor Rob Ford of most of his remaining powers following a string of scandals, including his admission to smoking crack cocaine, abusing alcohol and acknowledgment of a leaked video of Ford threatening to kill a man.

In the meeting, Ford and his brother Doug, a council member, mocked critics, with Councillor Ford calling them “scumbags.” In the midst of some “angry exchanges,” Rob Ford then rushed council member Pam McConnell, who regained composure and attempted to calm Ford down.

According to the Globe and Mail, Councillor Ford was heard challenging another member after the altercation, saying, “You are a disgrace. Bring it on, buddy. Get the real taxpayers down here.”

On Fox News on Sunday, the mayor apologized for his erratic behavior and announced that he is “seeking professional help,” though he denies that he has an addiction problem. Ford also announced aspirations to run for prime minister of Canada.

The Ford brothers will debut in “Ford Nation,” a political talk show-turned-reality TV show on the Sun News Network at 8 Monday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1dJeMtb08

FBD
11-19-2013, 01:49 PM
reality tv :lol: it'd be a weird story if it were just a story

Noilly Pratt
11-19-2013, 05:10 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm: http://i39.tinypic.com/tao2ua.jpg :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

...actually, what our whole country looks like!

Acid Trip
11-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Did he "attack" her or did he run her over while trying to reach someone else?

MrsM
11-19-2013, 06:07 PM

I agree with you - I think she just got in the way.

Either way - he just needs to step down and go away

Hal-9000
11-19-2013, 06:13 PM
I agree with you - I think she just got in the way.

Either way - he just needs to step down and go away

this....it's like the slowest trainwreck on record :lol:

MrsM, was meaning to ask - Someone told me he's actually a good mayor keeping taxes down etc....is this true?

Goofy
11-19-2013, 06:15 PM

She was standing in front of the cafeteria door i think :)

MrsM
11-19-2013, 06:26 PM

MrsM, was meaning to ask - Someone told me he's actually a good mayor keeping taxes down etc....is this true?

He was ok - people liked him because he honestly tried to cut spending to reduce (or keep down) the taxes. He also went after Councillor perks and some high profile spending. I didn't like some of his policies and he is too much of a buffoon to be in that position (outside of his scandals)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2013, 06:28 PM
He did an interview the other day and says he wants to be Prime Minister :lmao:

FBD
11-19-2013, 07:12 PM

this one's still so new its a flash in the pan compared to a lot of the other slow motion trainwrecks going on right now ;)

Hal-9000
11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
He gets accused and the first thing he says after evidence comes out is - I'm still going to run for mayor and let the people decide :)

then knowing damn well he's under the microscope for any move he makes....he starts making horrible comments and acting aggressively every chance he gets

:rofl: the guy just doesn't get it...

redred
11-19-2013, 08:08 PM

the news report i saw ,she got in the way of him trying to get at another person

Goofy
11-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Personally i think this dude is awesome........ i'd vote for him in a heartbeat :tup:

Goofy
11-19-2013, 08:09 PM
the news report i saw ,she got in the way of him trying to get at another person

You do realise it's in the video in Lance's original post? :lol:

Hal-9000
11-19-2013, 08:09 PM

Just like George Costanza leaving the house during the fire :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Rob Ford for Prime Minister! :cheers:

:canada:

redred
11-19-2013, 08:10 PM
You do realise it's in the video in Lance's original post? :lol:

[-(i saw a different one

Hal-9000
11-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Rob Ford for Prime Minister! :cheers:

:canada:

New Canadian stat holiday - Ford's Recover from Drunken Stupor/Clean your Glass Pipe Day :face: