PDA

View Full Version : Virginia girl found eating herself in cage in mobile home; parents charged

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2011, 10:53 PM
By Michael Sheridan - DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

http://i.imgur.com/pavkx.jpg

A young girl was found caged and attempting to eat herself in a mobile home in Virginia, and cops say her parents are responsible.

The malnourished girl, believed to be either 5 or 6, was discovered in a crib that was converted into a makeshift cage after police arrived at the home in Gloucester County to investigate a burglary last week.

The girl's parents, Brian and Shannon Gore, were arrested and charged with felony child abuse. The mother was also charged with attempted capital murder.

However, the gruesome twosome now faces first-degree murder charges after the remains of what authorities believe to be another child were found buried outside their mobile home.

"I've done this for 20 years, and I've never seen anything like this in my life," Gloucester Sheriff's Maj. Darrell Warren said.

A month-old baby boy was also found in the home, but was in good condition. Both he and the older girl are now in the care of the county Department of Social Services.

The horrific find came as police investigated a robbery on April 17.

http://i.imgur.com/P9Ky2.jpg
A child's remains were found buried outside the Gores' home. (WTKR)

A nearby homeowner reported his house was broken into and claimed gold bullion, a vacuum cleaner, a passport, $2,000 in cash and other items had been stolen, according to a police report.

Investigators trailed the bullion to an auction house, which claimed to have bought the gold from 25-year-old Shannon Gore.

Authorities arrived at her mobile home in Gloucester with a search warrant when they made the shocking discovery.

The girl's blond-hair was matted and filled with knots. She wore only a diaper and t-shirt and was eating flakes of dried skin on her body.

Brian Gore, 29, reportedly told police the girl had been kept in the cage since the summer.

"It was horrific. I don't know what else to say," Lt. Scott Little of the Sheriff's Department told Virginia's Daily Press on Friday.

"They seemed like nice people," neighbor Tim Hudnall told the newspaper. He noted he had seen the baby boy, but never saw a girl with the Gores in the six years they've been neighbors.

"He was really a nice guy," Brian Gore's ex-girlfriend, Sandy, told WTKR 3 News in Norfolk. "He went to church and everything."

Deputies discovered the child's remains while digging under and around a shed at the mobile home Friday evening. The age, gender and identity of the remains are not known, pending an examination by the state Medical Examiner's Office.

The Gores are being held in prison as authorities determine how the child died. An autopsy report by the state medical examiner is pending.

Hugh_Janus
05-04-2011, 10:57 PM
what the fuck?

also, is it some sort of freak news website you're getting these stories from? Cos the last 3 I've read are fucked up :?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2011, 11:00 PM
what the fuck?

also, is it some sort of freak news website you're getting these stories from? Cos the last 3 I've read are fucked up :?

Just regular news sites...this shit is becoming too common :wha:

Pony
05-04-2011, 11:02 PM
WTF :(

AntZ
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
They have the perfect name!

As the father of a 6 year old, I can't even possibly imagine my kids being treated like that. It's beyond sick!

MrsM
05-05-2011, 01:27 AM
WTF - these people need to be punished and punished hard

Godfather
05-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Holy shit what a disaster....

I wonder if from a psychological standpoint, the child is capable of recovering from living like that for so many of the most formative years of her life :( I would guess there was little chance, she's ruined.

Sickening

Hal-9000
05-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I don't think you can provide enough pain for people like this...My God their own child, wtf is wrong with our world :(

Muddy
05-05-2011, 02:46 AM
I saw this earlier and it was so heinous I couldn't post it..

Godfather
05-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Those two clowns look related to anyone else? Squishy faces...

Hal-9000
05-05-2011, 02:48 AM
We keep reading and keep getting offended by this shit...it seems time to change a few laws and punishments

Godfather
05-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Agreed

You know... I'm more in favor of the death penalty here than for most accused murders (unless a minor was involved). The idea of putting someone to death who was innocent makes me sick, and I fear it happens too often in some states...

But this is so clear cut... their child, their home, caught red-handed - there are no excuses. Fry them. The world has no purpose for these two. No delays in court for a decade; convict and finish them in a year tops.

Hal-9000
05-05-2011, 02:55 AM
If you fry them you incur a power bill...

I say bring back public stoning, charge everyone 20 bucks a rock and the proceeds go towards either the living victim or a charity.

samarchepas
05-05-2011, 03:03 AM
If you fry them you incur a power bill...

I say bring back public stoning, charge everyone 20 bucks a rock and the proceeds go towards either the living victim or a charity.

:tup: I'm against death penalty...only because it is basically euthanasia...Do they pay for what they have done this way?I don't think so.

Griffin
05-05-2011, 03:14 AM
:tup: I'm against death penalty...only because it is basically euthanasia...Do they pay for what they have done this way?I don't think so.

They don't pay while sitting in prison either, we tax payers do!

I say let them do their suffering in the afterlife.

samarchepas
05-05-2011, 03:19 AM
You still pay their lawyers and the judge for their appeals and other legal issues (which is big $$$)

pepo
05-05-2011, 03:23 AM
the gores shoud have blamed it on global warming :)

then we shoud burn them!!!

samarchepas
05-05-2011, 03:25 AM
the gores shoud have blamed it on global warming :)

then we shoud burn them!!!
:lol2:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-05-2011, 01:50 PM
so sad

redred
05-05-2011, 02:15 PM
they should have their sexual organs cut out with a rusty knife and no anacestic

Fodster
05-06-2011, 03:43 AM
I thought this was in the wrong section and should of been NSFW when I read...

"Virgin girl found eating herself"