PDA

View Full Version : Local pastor arrested on charges of inappropriately touching girl, 11

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2013, 12:08 PM
By Ashlie Hardway - WTAE-TV Channel 4

http://i.imgur.com/8n2BVC2.jpg

A Fayette County church pastor is facing 10 criminal charges for allegedly inappropriately touching an 11-year-old girl.

"I'm just disgusted. She told me, 'Mom, I thought he was my friend,'" the mother of the victim said.

Ray Scott Teets, 66, is the pastor at Fallen Timbers Community Chapel in Springhill Twp. State police said the victim and her family attended the church from 2010-2011. During that time, the girl's mother said Teets held six private meetings with the child that lasted 15 minutes each.

VIDEO: Pastor faces 10 criminal charges on suspicion of inappropriately touching 11-year-old girl

The mother told police Teets became fixated on her daughter and gave her special privileges. The woman said her family left the church because of Teets' behavior, and they told him not to contact the girl anymore.

"He would put his hand on her shoulder and just squeeze, and something didn't sit right with me," the mother said. "After we saw the squeezing of the shoulder, we informed him the private meetings were to stop -- that he was only her spiritual counselor not her therapist."

Shortly afterward, the family said Teets sent the girl a letter to her home.

Friday, a neighbor told police he saw Teets carrying the girl on his back to the church. The neighbor gave police surveillance video of the incident.

The girl's parents reviewed surveillance footage from Nov. 6 and Nov. 8 that showed Teets meeting with the victim behind a storage shed on their property. After meeting, Teets and the girl would enter another shed where they would stay for 10-15 minutes, police said.

Police interviewed the victim Wednesday. She said she would meet Teets behind a shed at her home, and then they would enter another wood shed. While they were in the shed, the girl claimed Teets would reach down the front of her pants and touch her genitals. She said Teets would try to lie on top of her and try to put her hand down his pants. The girl also said Teets told her he wanted to have sex with her on one occasion.

Teets told Action News Reporter Ashlie Hardway he never inappropriately touched the girl nor did he make her touch him. He said she asked him to talk in the shed, so he met with her. He said he was sorry to his congregation.

Teets is charged with unlawful restraint, corruption of minors, unlawful contact with a minor and luring a child, among other charges.

Teets is being held on a $250,000 bond and faces 10 criminal charges. He admitted in court Thursday that he inappropriately touched a child in Maryland in the 1980s.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-22-2013, 04:57 PM
:thumbsdown:

Hal-9000
11-22-2013, 08:26 PM
on the plus side at least the church is acknowledging these acts as crimes and not just hiding the priest at another Parrish...

I also think that the new Dope Pope will also help with this fuckwad behavior