PDA

View Full Version : Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2013, 11:35 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/FSJsWyM.jpg

A New Jersey couple is reportedly disputing a story that made headlines nationwide about a gay waitress who was left a note criticizing her "lifestyle" instead of a tip, claiming their receipt shows they did leave a tip and didn't write the note.

Dayna Morales, an ex-Marine and server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, said she received the offensive note on a November 13 receipt. "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I don't agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life,” the message read.

NBCNewYork.com reports that the couple, who asked to remain anonymous, contacted the station after the story went viral and produced a receipt that was apparently printed at the same time, on the same date, for the same amount, except with an $18 tip.

The couple also produced document they claimed was a Visa bill, which indicated their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55, the station reported.

The couple told NBCNewYork.com they believe their receipt was used for a hoax. The husband said he didn't vote for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie because the governor opposes same-sex marriage.

"Never would a message like that come from us," he said.

Morales announced last week she would donate thousands of dollars in gratuities from supporters to the Wounded Warrior Project. She told NBCNewYork.com on Monday she did not receive a tip and insisted the handwriting on the receipt was not her own.

The restaurant, which reportedly could not produce the original receipt nor explain why the family was charged for the tip amount, told the station it was aware of the couple's claims and that an internal investigation is ongoing.

"I just felt like people have a right to know that -- it's fine of people want to donate to her or to the Wounded Warriors, but they're doing it under a false pretense," the wife said.

http://i.imgur.com/av4OOi1l.jpg

RBP
11-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Fire her. And make her pay restitution.

Over and over the stories that are used for social causes are often false.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2013, 12:10 PM
There hasn't been one of these stories that has been true yet, and still everyone falls for it and automatically believes the 'victim' and blindly sends them money. It's disgusting.

RBP
12-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Waitress who received alleged anti-gay receipt suspended pending investigation

The New Jersey waitress who claimed she received an anti-gay message in lieu of a tip has been suspended pending an investigation.

Dayna Morales, a waitress at the Gallop Asian Bistro restaurant in Bridgewater, N.J., said that a couple who ate at the restaurant paid their bill but left no tip, saying "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life." Morales is gay.

However, the couple later came forward and provided their copy of the receipt to counter Morales' charges. Now, the restaurant has suspended Morales pending its investigation into her conduct.

“Ms. Morales is currently not on our employee schedule while we are still working to complete our investigation," the restaurant wrote on its Facebook page.

Both the husband and the wife who ate the meal strongly protested the allegation that they left an anti-gay "tip," with the wife noting that she is left-handed and does not write like the receipt indicates, and the husband saying he did not vote for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie because of his opposition to gay marriage. Morales, in turn, has said the handwriting is not hers.

In the wake of the incident, Morales has drawn criticism from her co-workers. Morales, a former Marine, was reportedly given a dishonorable discharge from the Reserve Corps in May for failing to attend drills.

deebakes
12-03-2013, 02:23 AM
:burnthedyke:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Neetzan Zimmerman - Gawker

http://i.imgur.com/rDFPxMb.jpg

There's a new development in the ongoing saga of discredited restaurant server Dayna Morales: It seems the woman who falsely claimed she received an anti-gay "tip" from two patrons never donated the money she received from supporters to help wounded vets like she promised.

In the immediate aftermath of Morales's anti-gay allegations against a New Jersey couple who dined in her section at the Gallop Asian Bistro, many supporters began showing up at the restaurant with "monetary contributions."

Within a few days, Morales had racked up over $2,000 in donations, but told NJ.com she planned to forward it all to the Wounded Warrior Project.

But an investigation by Bridgewater Patch discovered that, as of today, no donations to the nonprofit have been made in Morales's name, nor were any donations made from any ZIP codes in the Bridgewater area.

This wouldn't be the first lie Morales ever told.

In fact, friends have since described Morales as a compulsive liar, and say she made up stories about having brain cancer and claimed her home was damaged during Sandy.

According to a Marines spokesman, Morales also never served in Afghanistan despite claiming she was the sole survivor of an explosion that took out her entire platoon.

Moreover, she was dishonorably discharged for missing drills.

The Gallop Asian Bistro had said it suspended Morales, but it's unclear if she has since had her employment permanently terminated.

RBP
12-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Man, the her asshole status continues to grow. :wha:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2013, 12:29 PM
She's a first class piece of shit....I hope karma comes back around and bitch slaps her sooner rather than later.

perrhaps
12-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't know about that Lance. She looks like she'd enjoy a good bitch-slapping.

deebakes
12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
he looks guilty to me :x

Griffin
12-06-2013, 01:12 PM
probably has a dislocated vagina!