PDA

View Full Version : Obama still plans to sign up for Obamacare

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2013, 10:45 PM
By Olivier Knox, Yahoo News

http://i.imgur.com/bcuADcjl.jpg

Has President Barack Obama made good on a March 2010 promise to sign up for health insurance coverage under Obamacare? His chief spokesman declined to say.

“I don't have an update for you on that. I know that he will and has said that he will, the White House has said that he will, but I don't have an update,” Jay Carney said Monday at his daily briefing.

Will he invite the press to watch? “I’ll get back to you,” Carney said.

The White House said back in March 2010 that Obama “will participate in the exchange,” as the health insurance marketplaces are known.

Former presidents are eligible for lifelong health care through military hospitals. But Obama — who will be 55 years old by the time his second term ends in January 2017 — could also get insurance through a future employer.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Too bad he was unable :lol:

RBP
12-03-2013, 12:16 AM
The problem isn't even the website. Not enough people are signing up, period.

Muddy
12-03-2013, 12:30 AM
The problem isn't even the website. Not enough people are signing up, period.

I think its because it isnt affordable..

RBP
12-03-2013, 12:55 AM
I think its because it isnt affordable..

It's called the AFFORDABLE Care Act. Clearly you must be mistaken. Why would a young healthy person doing just fine without health insurance not want to stretch their income to the limit to buy a product they don't think they need?

And that's the basis for the cost estimates... chew on that for a minute....

Muddy
12-03-2013, 01:12 AM
So the costs dont go down because only older people with conditions sign up? Is that your point?

RBP
12-03-2013, 01:16 AM
So the costs dont go down because only older people with conditions sign up? Is that your point?

Yes, not only to they not go down, they go WAY up. And the insurance companies have been indemnified against the cost overruns by the tax payer. So, no young people join to lower the risk pool, the costs exceed the projections, and the tax payer foots the bills for the error. Splendid! The estimate is based on 7 million signups. They'll be lucky to get 1 million.

Now mind you, they are telling the young people that they will pay more than they will get back in benefits. But it's for the good of the country, right?

deebakes
12-03-2013, 02:27 AM
:bs:

deebakes
12-03-2013, 02:28 AM
the original post btw, not your response rbp :lol: